In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beach & #1 in 22-250

VarmintmistVarmintmist Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Hey Beach, I have a 1V in 22-250 also. I am VERY happy with it and none of the "Ruger #1 cant shoot" horrer stories have come to pass.

It likes to go FAST, best results so far have been with 36.7gr IMR 4064 under a 50gr Nos BT, about 3930fps (+ -, my notes aren't where I am) took it to a avg of 4008 fps with no pressure signs but no better accuracy so I backed it off. Factory out of it shot like sh@t and it has a LOT of freebore.

Just wondering if your experiances have been similar.

Comments

• Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Varmint mist....I've been shooting the 45 grain JHP Winchester Varmint high velocity load(4000fps) with no complaints by me. I haven't done much shooting over 300 yards and most at around 200. What I like is that it is so forgiving if you are slightly off in range estimation. I did initially have some spread after firing a couple of rounds but fixed that. Now I just enjoy it for what it is....a great varmint gun. Beach
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,010 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a purty thing Varmintmist, how are the triggers on the #1's?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trigger isnt real light, not awful heavy, but it breaks nice, actual pull weight? I have no idea, guessing at about 3 lb. I think will be a addition to it, a nice new light trigger
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Hey Beach, I have a 1V in 22-250 also. I am VERY happy with it and none of the "Ruger #1 cant shoot" horror stories have come to pass.

It likes to go FAST, best results so far have been with 36.7gr IMR 4064 under a 50gr Nos BT, about 3930fps (+ -, my notes aren't where I am) took it to a avg of 4008 fps with no pressure signs but no better accuracy so I backed it off. Factory out of it shot like sh@t and it has a LOT of freebore.

Just wondering if your experiances have been similar.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok when I edit it for a stupid spelling error, it shows up as a double tap in quotes. Hmmmmm
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Varmint mist....I like the looks of your rifle. Mine is the stainless steel with laminated blue stock. It's kind of different; not traditional at all but neat looking in its own way. Beach
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,010 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Varmintmist, that is not really bad. My 77 Mk II's both had trigers over 6# and creepy. I replaced both with Timneys, and set them at 3.5# Well worth the $80 each, but a bit of a pain to install.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    varmintmist,I think you need to send that purty little hefer down to Texas.I can drag it around in these rice fields wacking coyotes,And nutria rats.It would be a great summer camp for it.I will cover all scars with camo paint.Heck ill even split the shipping with you.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.