In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SNOW!!!!

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Believe it or not it is snowing here in NE Texas. Big fat flakes. Been at it all morning with no sign of letup.Of course the air temperature is in the mid-30s so the road surfaces are melting the snow as it hits, but there is some accumulation on the grass, trees, cars, etc.It is supposed to continue and get colder tonight. Might make getting to work interesting. To you Yankees this is no big deal, but down here in Texas, it is extraordinary.
Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!

Comments

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
    edited November -1
    12-16" Estimated tonight. Upwards of 20 in some areas.

If I don't show up for a while, don't worry about me(not that you would[:)]).
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I expect you need the moisture. I was javelina hunting last weekend in the SW corner of NM and it rained for over 18 hours straight. Likely the same storm you are getting, so you just might get some real snow. Take off, get out the sleds and get the kids outta school and have a good time! [This message has been edited by He Dog (edited 02-05-2002).]
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Nunn, you are quite welcome to the stuff!! Please, feel free to siphon off much more before the system moves to New England; we have far more than we need already and are always glad to share !
  • hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    It seems like I was talking about this very thing last week. Up here in MI Everything is glazed over with ice. We need some fluffy stuff to track cyote in. Enjoy it wile it lasts!!!
    The older I get, The better I was!!!
  • pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Snowed on Washington's Birthday( yes, we used to celebrate the father of our country's birthday,before it became un-PC)February 22nd, 1964, in San Antonio. Got a few inches in the morning, and I think it was 90 degrees in the afternoon.[This message has been edited by pops401 (edited 02-05-2002).]
  • Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Yamaha track drive snow blower you can borrow if it gets bad.
    Happy Bullet Holes!
  • 7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey,, if it sticks now y'all got a good excuse for them 4x4's y'all buy down there. what do you use them for anyhow? It is kinda interesting when you get into the cities down there how many yuppie wagons,excuse me , explorers and blazers you see running around, what on earth do city slickin yuppies who will never venture out into the "wild" need a 4x4 for??????? Up here a 4x4 is required to join the country club, but deep south?One of those things to make you go "hmmm"
    when all else fails........................
  • MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I awakened to 4" of snow here in Memphis, TN. We hardly ever get snow but a lot of it goes south of us. Strainge huh?
    aguncollector@yahoo.com
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd take the snow of we'd just get the temperature above zero. I'm tired of it already.Clouder..
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7MM a woman I work with bought a new 4x4 and I asked why. She said "well, you know you need it when it snows a couple of inches." Right. When it snows a couple of inches she calls in and says she is snowed in and can't get to work. (Though I must admit 4" paralyzes a city where no one knows how to drive in snow and there is little equipment to deal with it) The suburban 4x4's are so the neighbors will know we have that much disposable income: keeping up with (or ahead of if possible) the Jones.
  • ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hunter280manyour right on about tracks in the snow.NunnGet out and go oty hunting . You will be amazed at how many coyotes you will see in the snow.