In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I LOVE HUNTING, GUNS AND MEAT

REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
I can't wait for season to open so I can take my mean gun out and kill some domestic cat ( planning a trip to mississippi to hunt cats with brother in law)can I eat these things or is it just target practice. Any cooking, or huntung tricks will be most helpful-Ralph

Comments

• Options
    OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still feel dizzy........must kill deer.....must kill deer........deer deer deer deer .....I need sustanance.....venision...good....mmmmmmmmm
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.com Member ~Secret Select Society of Sauve Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I have been SOL during the archery and turkey season(though it is not over). However, while hunting I found a nice apple tree, and I picked myself a bunch of them(left plenty for the deer) Just call me the vegetarian hunter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BADBOYBOBI hadn't thought of that angle, and am afraid it may get us locked. Am serious about varmit hunting for cats, though.Guess we all know where your mind is tonight!-Ralph
  • Options
    edited November -1
    REBJR- I can tell you some stories about hunting cats. It is absolutely amazing what a magnum turkey shell #5 can do to a cat at 35 yards.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SALZODo tell, This will be my first time out after cats.From what I gather, my 300 win mag, loaded with 55 grain .224 bullets in a .30 cal sabot should work. I've read they are hard to get close, so this combo should reach out and touch them. -Ralph
  • Options
    edited November -1
    REBjr- Good God Reb, I would certainly think that set up will do the job. The area I hunt is agricultural, and I usually see them while I am in the brush. A shotgun works fine for me. Last year, I was out turkey hunting, and I kicked up a hen while walking in. I figured I would sit about twenty yards from where I saw the bird. About a half an hour later, I see movement. I look close, and its a cat, lurking around where the hen was. The little feral was sniffing around, probably looking for eggs. I checked to see if he had a collar, and he had none. I put the beed on him, and let a magnum five go flying. He dropped like a sack, and I walked over to kick some leaves on him. It wasnt pretty.I have shot others, and I always use whatever I am carrying. 3030, .243, 3006, a shotgun, whatever. The farthest shot I took was with my .243 at 100 yards.No problemo.
  • Options
    tightbredtightbred Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    REBJr Where at in Mississippi? I'm in Brookhaven and I'm always up for some varmit removal.
    I've still got all of my teeth.VIP Member: ~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    twinstwins Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally, I think ihateguns is a waste of air and all like him should be hunted. Seem to recall a book like that, sounds like fun too.By the way, I love huntings, guns and meat also.
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Repeat after meVEGETABLE RIGHTSVEGETABLE RIGHTS!!!Save The Lettuce!AWWW Look at the baby carrots!!Tomatoes are people too!!
  • Options
    legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    REBjr, First ya skin then cats out and you give them a "buddy" that has one coming as squirrels. I hear they cook up fine.
    Work'n like a dog all nite
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A cat isn't considered a true Domesticated animal anyway. And if they aren't native to the area, they have to be considered vermin. It is our obligation to rid the poor defenseless creatures in the area of these predators. So remember shootin cats isn't just fun, it's your civic duty. Here kitty kitty kitty.................BOOM! Heh Heh Heh.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TIGHTBREDIt's 'sposed to be just outside jackson, on the east side toward vicksburg. Can find out, and let ya know, I shore could use some learning on varmit hunting-Ralph