In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

P.C. Town Bans Santa (What is in the water in MD.?)

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
P.C. Town Bans SantaIs something strange in the water in Montgomery County, Md.? This enclave of leftist thought police is notorious for censoring Indian nicknames of sports teams and trying to criminalize smoking in private homes. Now one of its towns has banned Santa Claus.Kensington Mayor Lynn Raufaste says that a mere two families "felt that they would be uncomfortable" with Santa being part of the annual Christmas tree lighting. So the town council gave St. Nick the heave-ho-ho-ho.These two families, who don't celebrate Christmas, say they feel excluded because - duh - Santa is synonymous with the holiday.In years past, Santa would arrive on a fire truck and light the tree with the mayor. But on Sunday, the mayor will light the tree herself, something she calls "a shame," WJLA-TV reported today.How come kooky, out-of-touch bureaucrats and politicians have no consideration for the majority who are "uncomfortable" with P.C. idiocy? http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2001/11/28/154635

Comments

• Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is truly truly sad that they will let go of a tradition simply because a couple of people dont like santa. we know he is a myth but he is real in the hearts of millions of children. Did they consider the message they are sending to all the little kids who still beleive? I may be a grown man but this makes me want to cry.
    when all else fails........................
  • Options
    cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This dingbat state wants to be Kalifornia so bad, it isn't funny.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I suspect there will soon be a new mayor and elected officials. Messing with sport names is one thing, messing with Santa is another.
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm from Maryland, loved it but can't move back, and then lived for 10 years in Kalifornia. Same story, different state. The leftist weenies have taken over. Now I'm living in Missouri trying to stop the spread of this contamination. Can we take either of these states back, or are they a lost cause?
  • Options
    twinstwins Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is it because of religion or they just don't do fairy tale stuff? I'm wondering if they do Easter? They have offended me by not having him. I feel neglected and discriminated against by their actions. Someone should sue.stir stir stir, where ya be Dano?
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Must be drinking water bottled in LA or Bahston.
  • Options
    rodgergliderodgerglide Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am devistated...Santa Claus?..what next? the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy?
  • Options
    poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The channel 9 six o clock news just advised that the city council changed its' collective mind and Santa Clause will now be welcome at Christmas in Kensington. It seems they were inundated by unfavorable comments. Montgomery County where Kensington is located is the same liberal bunch that is trying to shut down the Silverado Gunshow at the Montgomery County Fairground. By the way, most of those folks probably work for the Federal Government.