In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Venison Sausage Recipes?

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
I would like for a change to make some venison sausage but not add beef or pork fat.
Years ago I had the bright idea of making sausage this way, I figured I would just grind the meat and add seasoning, and have not fat sausage. It wasn't worth a damn. The patties fell apart and stuck to the pan.
Are there any good recipes where you can add something to bind the meat, besides fat?

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone out there have agood recipe3 for Venison sausage?
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's the recipe we used this year. It is mild to suit family members who don't like spicy stuff. You can always add a little red pepper and sage to one or two patties.4 lbs venison in 1.5 inch cubes2lbs pork fat also cubed2 tablespoons salt2 tablespoons black pepper2 teaspoons red (cayenne) pepper (double if you like spicy)2 teaspoons sage (double if you like spicy)Sprinkle the spices over the cubed meat and mix well before grinding. After grinding wrap in cling wrap and freezer bags and freeze in meal size portions. This is the plain vanilla recipe: other recipes call for garlic, mace,nutmeg, oregano, cloves and allspice. It depends on what you like.