In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2 Killed in Kansas City Mall Shooting

elvjeepelvjeep Member Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2007 in General Discussion
2 Killed in Kansas City Mall Shooting
Apr 29 06:37 PM US/Eastern
By HEATHER HOLLINGSWORTH
Associated Press Writer

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - At least two people were killed Sunday afternoon in a shooting at a shopping center, a fire official said.
The shooting occurred shortly before 3:30 p.m. at the Ward Parkway shopping center, according to police.

"We have at least two fatalities, maybe more," said Joe Vitale, a fire department battalion chief.

Witnesses gave conflicting accounts of exactly where the shots were fired, and it was not immediately clear how the chaos began. A window was shot out at a Starbucks coffee shop, but some witnesses said shots were fired near a Target store.

Aaron Washington, 34, a Target employee, said the shooting appeared to happen near the store's entrance into the mall. He said he was coming back from lunch when he heard gunshots, and saw one man holding his eye.

"The man had apparently been shot," Washington said.

Authorities evacuated a movie theater in the shopping center and the facility was shut down. Surrounding streets also were closed.

Other information was not immediately available. The identity of the shooter and those who died was not released.

Comments

• Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Maybe an armed civilian got him...

I hate it when they kill themselves.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Yes but just think how much money we would waste by prosecuting/icarcerate the POS. Now the gun grabbers can waste the money on something else like trying to ban guns.[:(][xx(]
  • Options
    kenbeatuskenbeatus Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Yes but just think how much money we would waste by prosecuting/icarcerate the POS. Now the gun grabbers can waste the money on something else like trying to ban guns.[:(][xx(]
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Word is two off duty cops heard the shooting responded and shot the guy. Hows that for concealed carry?
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Just saw it on the news...think there are 4 dead now.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76
    Just saw it on the news...think there are 4 dead now.

Yea I heard 4 dead also but it's like anything else we will have to wait till tomorrow before the truth comes out.
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    Looks like the cops chased him in there after he shot and wounded an officer nearby.
    Anyway the media is saying they now "believe" he was the same guy as the car the cops were after was found in the mall parking lot.

Still nothing officially.

Allen
  • Options
    theboogeymantheboogeyman Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grr....how much you want to bet it was a copycat? And that liberal news will paste it all over and yet another will happen?? [V]
  • Options
    CameroonCameroon Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wonder if the mall had a sign designating the area as gun free? If
    they did, maybe they could sue the sign company for a defective
    product.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was just in that mall last weekend, took my daughter for lunch for her birthday. Local paper said perpetrator was driving a "dead woman's car". Maybe a carjacking?