In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Chilean Mauser- good at this price?

jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
I have a chance to get a 7mm Chilean Mauser long rifle, bores VG, wood good but greasy, bluing fair, matching bolt, crest intact for $129. Too much, just right, or a deal?
"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.

Comments

• .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds all right to me. Locally, they have been selling Czech VZ 24s for about one note, and those are some UGLY ducks!
  • DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have to agree, sounds like a good price. I've been keeping my eyes out for 7mm Mausers for a while, I'd surely buy one as described at that price.
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too like the 7mm mausers, and if this one is all original, at least has the matching bolt, and headspaces good, I'd jump all over it at that price. See if you can get the headspace checked first, if it only passes on a field guage dont sweat it, mine is like that and its very accurate. I dont shoot it much, so its ok for me.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • DonldDonld Member Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Modelo 1912 Chilean in wonderful condition for about that price four or five years ago. No regrets whatsoever.