In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Advice on auction ***UPDATE***

familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
***UPDATE***

Ok, took the plunge, waters are icy. If you guys know anyone interested, please keep me from going under.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=15775480

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=15774914

***UPDATE***

Ok, once again looking for input from the crowd that loves to voice opinions.

I have a rifle/scope combo, wanna catch the tax-refund crowd. When should I put it up? I do auctions starting at $1 No Reserve now, so when it goes up that will be it.

Also, should I sell them together or separate? The rifle is nice (NRA excellent) but no bid deal, an Interarms Mark X .458 win mag. The scope, however, is a Leupold Vari X III 2.5-8......

Let me know what you think.

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should seperate 'em and make me a good deal on the scope! [:D]

I admire your bravery, but are you sure you want to do the $1 no reserve on a .458 mag? If this was a standard hunting caliber I could see, but even with tax refunds there's a decent chance you could end up very short on the auction due to the demand of the .458... I dunno, it's just something to think about.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,063 ******
    edited November -1
    Your gun and scope will do MUCH better separately. Two auctions.

Ok to sell rings and mounts with the gun, but not the scope.

Do not fear to sell for $1 starting bid and no reserve. It takes some nerve, but will get you the maximum interest. If you don't believe me, look at my auctions.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=3012

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    You should sell it to me[:D]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am with NUNN on this one, I ALWAYS got maximum Price for my items with $1.00 No reserve auctions.Before i had the "Guts" to do this
    my reserves were Never met Then when re listed at $1 NR the bids ALWAYS went Beyond the expected reserves.Afet YEARS of auctioning
    stuff on Fleabay i learned Bidding is not only about Buying low
    its an Emotional and competive thing, Human nature is to want something you cant have and this Keeps the bids going.....There comes a point at the end of the auction when Price becomes a second factor
    and Getting it over the other bidder becomes first priority.
    SELL the scope seperate! and you will cash in,Believe me[;)]

use_deer.jpg
  • cat-mechaniccat-mechanic Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am agreeing with King Joey, you should sell it to me.[:D]
    Just think what that would do to the 2 lawnmowers I have.[:D][:D]
    Put them in a straight line and get them both with one shot.

Nothing runs like a Deere, With a CAT on its *
  • wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    I'm into large calibers. Let us know when you put it up so we have a chance to bid. (Give discounts?[}:)]) [8D]

Steve

ag00612_.gifsun_setting.gif
    Fight Crime, Shoot First
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm guessing that you have the Alaskan Model Mark X and these are very nice rifles and you should attract a lot of interest with your no reserve $1 opener. I also suggest that you sell the scope in a seperately because as a rule these do not bring anywhere near their real value when sold with the rifle.

Mark T. Christian
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can not help you with when to put it up to catch the tax refund crowd.
    I always wait until April 15, because I have to pay.

I agree with the others, separate into two auctions.
    Good luck.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post it now because the guys wanting to spend that refund will be filing fast and doing rapid refunds. I agree you should seperate them. Good luck on your sales.

Mad Dog
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I'm in a minority here. I go looking for exactly what I want, then look to see how much it is. I guess some of ya look at what's for sale (cheap) THEN decide if you want it?
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everyone, thanks for all the input.[:)]

I will be separating them (Nunn, thanks for answering the unasked question wasn't sure of the norm on that one).

Joe and Joe (KJ and Cat) - are you kidding? I could hardly get anyone to shoot it last time I brought it. And Cat, jeez, you got a big boomer there with the Browning pump (that was cool)....

Wizard - after kicking around what Travis and Pickenup had to say, I'm listing it soon (maybe Sunday with 7 day auction). The guys getting refunds are probably getting them now, and the people that have to pay wait until the last minute. As for discounts, I usually throw in shipping if it goes over a certain amount, so that would depend on how much you bid[}:)][;)][:D]

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • ed_spred_spr Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    just my pathetic opinon. ARE you FREAKIN' nuts? I would agree with a more coventional caliber. But a 458 ? I would think your auction is going to be for a selected few. As far as the low powered scope. Definetely separate. Many more folks out there looking for a scope of that power,[more versitile] than the few that may be interested in a 458 with a shotgun power scope.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First day Hmmmmmmm.........

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To have some money I want a 458 bad but alas no money[:(]

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif