In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I think the little creeps hurt my dog

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I've noticed Murphy wasn't doing much this evening so I went to find him and he's hurting pretty bad. No bites or anything like that.It is more like someone beat him with a bat. His left hindquarter is very tender and the side of his head is a little swollen. No abrasions or road rash. Just like someone beat the crap out of him with a blunt object. Can't find any broken bones. His ribs are tender one his right side too. He is acting like he did something wrong and is ashamed.He is a very friendly dog and will go tail wagging up to anyone that calls him over. I really suspect the little delinquents I called the cops on have retaliated against my poor buddy Murphy. I'll have to ask the kids in the neighborhood. They know whats going on all the time and will tell me the truth.You know, that dog wouldn't hurt a fly if it landed on his nose and bit him.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    If it's what you suspect, I'll contribute to funding a hit.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Heck Doug, I'll be the one to deliver the hit. [:(!]

Take them to court, sue them for everything they're worth. Makes me sick to think kids would do that.

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I have no idea what's wrong with kids today. They do something wrong and if they are punished, try to get back by doing something wrong. It's as if they have no consept that they should be punished. If they did do this, then the charges are a little more severe.
    I haven't heard,, what happened to the charges you were to bring against them? What happened?
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope your pal has a speedy recovery,it does kind of make you wonder if someone beat him?I certainly hope not,Im a very easy going person but if I found out someone did that to one of mine.Me or someone else is going to be sore as the dog is if not more.Best Wishes to your pal!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the grace of God, some men still walk the Earth. Get the little basturds
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Li'l schitz, if it is the li'l bazzturds open up a can of that country justice!!

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • cwinncwinn Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give em whats comin' and then some.
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Give some of the neighborhood kids a coupla bucks for information. Put out a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the little S***ts that did it. Shouldn't cost you much for the satisfaction you'll get in return.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    GO BUY SOME CHOCOLATE BARS TAKE OUT THE CHOCOLATE.THEN USING THE WRAPERS PACAGE THEM UP WITH LAXATIVES.THEY'LL THINK TWICE ABOUT COMING ONTO YOUR PROPERTY AGAIN........OR PROSECUTE THEY'LL GET PROBATION AND HAVE TO BE HOME AT 8PM TILL THERE 18.

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    No house, no neighbors, no neighbors, no problem

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BDJ,
    While I would agree that it sounds like what happened. I can only go from what you post. Step back for a minute. Take a breath. While the circumstances would lead you to believe this is what happened, wait until you have some kind of proof, evidence, or testimony that backs up your suspicions. There is a chance (albeit VERY SMALL chance) that there is another reason for Murphy's condition. Once you have proof, go rip their faces off. Just kidding. Take what legal action you can. You do NOT want to be the bad guy here.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • kaliforniankalifornian Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take Murphy to the vet and have him checked out ASAP. If he did get a beating, you could have anything from internal bleeding to blood clots to worry about, not to mention he could probably use some animal anti-inflammatories and perhaps painkiller.

As far as the perps . . .
    Change how you keep your dog until you catch them and get them locked up. If they are psychotic enough to give a beating, they are psychotic enough to do something more horrible. If word gets out you are upset and after them, they might decide to rub salt in the wounds and have another go at him just to get under your skin.

A lot of states have very harsh animal cruelty laws now, but unless you can get a witness or they do it again, you'll have a hard time doing anything about it without risking prosecution for yourself.

Find a way to get them jailed or make them wish they hadn't done it, but don't get yourself into trouble. There's not many lower levels of humanity in my book than someone who would harm an innocent animal just for the sake of cruelty. Makes me want to take a road trip and help you go hunting [:(!]

http://ynot4free.com
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    Sounds like they need some rocksalt sent in their direction (on your property) sent at hi speed.

Too many kids today just don't know right from wrong.

Hope Murphy get well quick.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    He is a little better this morning. I've been in his situation plenty,just want to lay there and hurt and be left alone. Looked him over a little closer and still have to say it looks like a beating rather than a dogfight or a car hit. I'm not a great believer in coincidence. One day a deputy tells me this kid will probably do something to get even, next day my golden retriever, who is loved by the whole neighborhood, is beat up. I'll find out what happened to him and if what I suspect is true I'll give my new little wannabe gangster friend some bible instruction old testament style. No laws against a little enthusiastic preaching and a little laying on of the hands. Maybe his dad would benefit from some bible instruction as well.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey daddo, I'll tell you what is wrong with kids today (PARENTS). Half of the parents today don't even know what their kids are even doing and some do not even care as long as the kids are out of their hair. They hand them fifty bucks or one hundred when they are older and let them go freely for the weekend. When you find out what kid or kids did this Order me a hit for their parents. Parents are responsible for their kids actions or at least 50% of their actions!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bigdaddy , you need to hold a party for the other kids in the neighborhood. Just don't invite the others.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sure would be nice if a big brother dog to Murphy just happened into the neighborhood and bit those kids on the you know what. Make sure you don't own that dog though...

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    BDJ, if you decide that you have to take matters into your own hands in order to 1. insure this doesn't happen again and 2. insure that the appropriate ammount of justice is served, be careful about how you go about handling the situation or you could end up in more trouble than the punks who your having the problem with. Dark clothes, a mask or bandanna, maybe a paintball gun with paintballs fresh from the freezer or marbles. If you live out in the country and can catch the kid walking far from home paintballs filled with buck lure could be potentially funny if on his way home a buck decided he looked and smelled kinda pretty. One of my buddy's thats a cop gave me a magazine, I think its called Shomer tech or something, that has cop stuff, cuffs, clubs, slap gloves ect ect and in the back was some pretty histerical stuff that is available. They have pills or powder to put in peoples drinks that cause uncontrollable vomiting, diareah, gas and combinations of vomiting + diareah, diareah + gas, gas + vomitting and even all three together. Now that would be hilarious to see, as long as it wasn't at your house. I hope your dog gets better, I can immagine how pissed you are because I know how pissed I would be. Good luck...

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bdj, I sure understand your feelings. Anyone who would beat up on a friendly pup is the lowest scum on the earth and already far down the road to being a sociopathic monster (read some of the stories of the psychological history of the crazies we've seen over the past fifty or so years) . BUT taking matters into your own hands will likely make things far worse for you than for them, as then the law, sadly, will be on their side. kalifornian has given you the same sort of advice I would have. While, OTOH, if there should be a one on one someplace with no possibility of outside witnesses, a good preaching session leaving him in the same condition as Murphy might straighten him out, I suspect it would only result in twisting him further. Sometimes it is a sad world in which we live . . . .

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Maybe you could get some big mean looking friend that thay dont know (maybe that is not from around there) To have a little talk with him[;)]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    When I read your update yesterday I was thinking that this was not over only getting started. I hope he get to feeling better. [:(]

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • CFPythonCFPython Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check with the local cops you've been dealing with. If you can find some kids that'll confirm your suspicions you may be able to go after the little P.O.S. for retaliating against you by beating your dog. Down here (Fla)that's a 2nd degree felony and will get them (juveniles)locked up for 21 days until they see a judge. If not, I hate to say it, but I'd get medievil. Attacking a family member, and a pet is one, would mean war. A ski mask and sap gloves would be a minimum. Beat him like a red haired step-child, then ditch the gloves and mask.

The only thing worse than lawbreakers, are lawmakers.
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey if they did it give me the contract I need the work and practice. O can I borrow a gun I am fresh out.[V]

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif