In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spent $2700 on this little gem!

GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Can you guess what it is? It'll guarantee (some what anyway) all future gun purchases will go smoother.

Comments

• Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A mail order bride that likes to shoot?
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    An engagement ring (unless you're married - then any piece of jewelry).
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is way too much for a fiberoptic bore scope, so I will guess a bottle of Rem Oil at gun show prices.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heidi Fleiss' appointment book.Clouder..
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    A used AR-15 with 1 mag and no accessories?
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A small group of highly trained mercs who visit non-paying bidders or non-sending sellers at 3:00 am in the morning dressed in nomex/camo baring Mp5's, M4's and M90's with the intention of 'helping' the sluggish party to respond and mail the payment/item in a timely, orderly and respectful fashion?
    Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.[This message has been edited by thesupermonkey (edited 04-09-2002).]
  • Options
    PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A do it yourself firearms license kit you could have gotten free from the ATF
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    gee, a new computer
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A leupold scope,That is as good as a $400 Burris.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy Varmit, that was mean! I love it!
  • Options
    MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Divorce?
    aguncollector@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And the winner is ~ simonbs! After purchasing quite a few guns in the last couple of years that added up to some pretty decent $$, I came to the realization that I was going to have to get the ring she wanted. Otherwise I would forever hear, 'Well, you can spend that kind of money on a gun but not when it comes to a ring!'. So to make any future guns purchases at least possible, I had to bite the bullet. Now, as a guy I used to go to school with would say, 'The sun has gotta shine on a dogs @SS once in a while'. She happened to latch on to one that was $600-$1000 less than the last one she was looking at. Since I knew it was going to cost me one way or the other (possibly via selling a kidney) I jumped at the latest piece that caught her eye. Now I just gotta figure out a way to afford it. Niklasal, did you ever find a way to afford that SIG? I think I'm going to need some idea! :-)[This message has been edited by GreenLantern (edited 04-09-2002).]
  • Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A LIAR-DETECTOR
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    NOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.You have now put yourself in a situation where you will have to bargain for all future purchases unless she is like one of the fine women who frequent this board.
  • Options
    jastrjastr Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A .218 bee.......Wait, no a real gun? just kidding bee! killer bee? swarm of killer bees?

lets all be responsible! shoot a criminal!
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Greenlantern, Congratulations!

It sure makes buying easier, nut not for long.

As for affording that new Sig...

I'll make a new post tommorow and let you know!

NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "nut not for long"

Was that a Freudian slip?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess maybe it won't make gun buying easier for the next 5 years or so. Because I won't be able afford any. It's pretty scary to think that it's more than I've ever paid for a gun.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First comes Love...then comes marriage...then comes Greenlantern with a baby carriage. Between diapers, mortage, dental & doctor bills, furniture, extra vehicles, added financial responsibilities....well, all I can say is "Congratulations"!....enjoy the guns you now have, may not see any new ones for a while...