In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

You're gonna be JEALOUS

instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
OK since some of you want to gloat over your "stars" I'v got something to rub in....

I'm going to the range on the 17th&18th. Okay, not too big of a deal, BUT I'm shooting the REALLY FUN stuff. Some plain jane mortar stuff not too cool, however a sister battalion put in a request for their avaition unit. It seems the AH-64 Apaches and a few Kiowa's (OH-58) want to play with a COLT team on the ground.

That's alright. Take your little stars and stick em where the sun don't shine. I'm taking my Hellfire guided munitions and goin home Can you say "I'm gonna lay down the scunnion?"

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are too lucky! They were trying to swing a range for us in Honduras so we could fire the M-60's from the doors of Blackhawks but that fizzled after Hurricane Mitch hit and we were in full disaster relief mode for the next five months.

You're right. I'm JEALOUS!

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A colleage of mine got to test surface to air missiles at a testing ground in Florida. He was in a chopper and watched em hit.

He didn't get to fly the chopper or hit the button or anything, but I bet it must have felt really cool seeing a missle you helped design in action.

D***. I need some seniority!

NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best "live fire" exercise I ever saw was the test firing of a Saturn rocket engine. Now that's some serious firepower!
  • Options
    13fister13fister Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    cold beer? my fellow PVMer?

IOW if think Hellfires are fun wait til you get to play with Specter.
    Glad to hear that the adventure with the wife turned out ok.
    I'm out of recruiting as of Nov 1st. I put in fer Richrdson and Sill. Should get orders in Jun. When are u PCSing? We got to get back together.
    Back to work.

Just Al
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IOW, enjoy and have fun....somehow I feel cheated, after all it's my tax dollars paying for those neat toys...and I don't even get to play with them!