In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Harley fell off the stand

interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
My Dyna fell off the cheap * hydraulic jack last night while I was asleep. The wife found it this morning when she put out the dog. When she called me at the store there was a woman and her small child shopping. You can imagine what the first word out of my mouth was when I learned my bike was laying on its side. Yep it was ****!! at about 100 decibels. I apologized and explained to her but I doubt if she will be back in the store. Went back to house to find the bike with miraculously little damage. Could have easily been thousands of damage, instead it looks like a few hundred. Don't think I will be able to eat for at least a few hours.

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I felt the same way, when the guy backed into my Ultra Classic, good think I had to walk a half mile to get to it, gave me time to cool off a bit. [:D][V]

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    The owner of the company I work for purchased a bunch of LA chocks which are motorcycle stands. Let me know if your interested and I can find out how much one is. A few of my friends have bought them and they love them.
    I have some pictures if you want them e-mailed.

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Suspension, if you do not mind send me a picture of one and price. I am currently looking for a used lift table like you would find in a bike shop for my FLHT. If I do not find one soon, I am going to see about getting my son to make one at VO-Tech as a grade project. Anyone have a used motorcycle lift table for sell, either hydrolic or air.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • Texas HunterTexas Hunter Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So sorry to hear.
    Glad the damage was not worse.
    Every time i hear something like this i point out this is EXACTLY why i would not own a motorcycle without a centerstand.
    Are you listening oh major maufacturers???.......Proably not!!

mike
  • sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by interstatepawnllc
    My Dyna fell off the cheap * hydraulic jack last night while I was asleep. The wife found it this morning when she put out the dog. When she called me at the store there was a woman and her small child shopping. You can imagine what the first word out of my mouth was when I learned my bike was laying on its side. Yep it was *!! at about 100 decibels. I apologized and explained to her but I doubt if she will be back in the store. Went back to house to find the bike with miraculously little damage. Could have easily been thousands of damage, instead it looks like a few hundred. Don't think I will be able to eat for at least a few hours.

Back when I had my Lowrider,,,one night I parked my bike in the garage/shop and forgot to put my kickstand down[:I].
    It fell on a 4x4 roof support and put a nice crease in one side of the mini-bob's.
    Woke up the next morning and was hoping it was just a bad dream.
    Went out to the garage and viewed the result of my stupidity.
    Just like you, I was sick,,,however,,,it made a good excuse to put 5 gal, fat bobs on the bike. Some folks thought it would look silly with the wide tanks sitting behind the narrow front forks,,however, to me it looked just fine.
    I hope you have your appetite back soon[;)]!!

,,,sod

cyclone.gifdemandbeeftag.jpg
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear of your missfurtune, I know you harley guys are very protective of your scoots, I hope you can fix it easily. Now, just for the record, if it was japanese you wouldn't have used the humping word in front of that lady and you could fix it with Bondo[:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    The owner of the company I work for purchased a bunch of LA chocks which are motorcycle stands. Let me know if your interested and I can find out how much one is. A few of my friends have bought them and they love them.
    I have some pictures if you want them e-mailed.

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    That would be awesome. Thanks. killer-dealz@sunflower.com

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear it Interstate, but glad you were not on it doing 75 when it went down!

He Dog
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    ISP,

My Custom Softail was sitting in my driveway, up near the garage when my family and I went to town last Spring. When we returned, a "strong wind storm" have come through the area and my bike was on it's side. I still think one of the neiborhood kids helped it to the ground, but must have chewed their arm off in order to get out from under it. No blood trail, so the parents must have been co-conspirators as well. Needless to say, I was nearly sick to have to pick it up off of the ground.

My insurance company paid all after the deductable, but a custom bike with a custom paint job does not come cheap, or quick. Spent over two weeks without the bike while I was on LV home from Iraq, knowing I had to return in a matter of days. It really sucked.

Bottom line: I've been there bro, I know how you feel.

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    If you want I'll let you use my shovel. To scoop up the parts that is[}:)][;)][:D]
    TOOLS
    P.S. I do feel for you.

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    interstatepawnllc I sent the e-mail with all the information.

jjmitchell60 Let me know your e-mail, I couldn't get the pictures to go through to you..

• bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hmmm, i thought it was natural for a hog to roll and wallow? [B)] so...why was it on the jack?[?]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last time mine was on it's side, it had gotten some help from a B*tch in a SUV. I was about 30 feet away. I also let loose with some words, describing my thoughts at the time. "You Stupid f***ing B*tch" That sentence cost me a fine, some community service, and the time and cost of enrolment in an anger management class. You have to watch what you say around some people. Yes, her insurance company did pay the $6,000.00 to have my bike fixed.

Glad to hear it was only minor damage on yours.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear no real harm was done!

Best!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    hmmm, i thought it was natural for a hog to roll and wallow? [B)] so...why was it on the jack?[?]
    I had the front rim and tire off.

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Last time mine was on it's side, it had gotten some help from a B*tch in a SUV. I was about 30 feet away. I also let loose with some words, describing my thoughts at the time. "You Stupid f***ing B*tch" You have to watch what you say around some people. Yes, her insurance company did pay the $6,000.00 to have my bike fixed.

Glad to hear it was only minor damage on yours.

"That sentence cost me a fine, some community service, and the time and cost of enrolment in an anger management class." What state do you live in where you are penalized for expressing your opinion?

JC

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    interstatepawnllc I sent the e-mail with all the information.

jjmitchell60 Let me know your e-mail, I couldn't get the pictures to go through to you..

Thanks dude, I'll let ya know.

JC

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in PA cussing in public is Disorderly Conduct.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    Holy Farkin Potato's!!

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colorado.
    Yup, little did I know, when two cops arrived at the scene.
    One was for her, one was for me. [:(!]
    No threats of any kind.
    Just the one statement.
    The first amendment is dead. [xx(]

• Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Suspension, I'd like some info on that bike stand, please.

Thanks,
    James

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    I bust you HD riders once and awhile even though I have had HD's and will again (when I get old[:D]) but I feel your pain.
  • jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I said a prayer for you.[:)] I know I would need it.
    JW

fc6cb6ef.gif