In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

copied from another board - Nastradamus

twinstwins Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
"In the year of the new century and nine months,From the sky will come a great King of Terror...The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.Fire approaches the great new city...""In the city of york there will be a great collapse,2 twin brothers torn apart by chaoswhile the fortress falls the great leader will succumbthird big war will begin when the big city is burning"- NOSTRADAMUS

Comments

• Options
    4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nostradamus' prediction ...He said this will be bigger than the previous two.2001 is the first year of the new century and this is the 9th month.New York is located at the 41st degree Latitude.Strange........
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NOSTRADAMUS ... ya gotta be kidding me. His predictions are a big load of you know what. Takes a lot more faith to believe that kind of balony than the Bible!
    Ken
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ever read the books on some of his works? I have two, by two different authors and with different people translating and interpreting. Not books with ad lib translations, connotations thrown in etc...Coincidence...Nah, Way too many similarities in events listed hundreds of years before they happened.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And exactly what maks the bible any more credible, or the "prophets" who wrote in it? No one is alive to prove it, any of it, nor have they been for even longer than any of Nostradamus' writings. If you belive in the good you have to believe in the bad, no way around it.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    While the topic is entertaining, I think it has credibility similar to astrology...open to much mis-interpretation....seem to remember Hitler's propaganda minister using the same writings to forcast the Third Reich.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To all who believe this: I have a bridge for sale. Only $100,000! You can make BIG MONEY! Hurry!!!
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also to the Nostradamus believers I've got a super national gold match target AK-47 sniper weapon for sale for only $5,000
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I never said I believe it, however if you believe the tales of the bible, then why not him, prove either one, use FACT, not feeling, coincidence or anything else. Show me the ark, the ark of the covenant, the ten commandments, shroud of Turin, water to wine, imaculate conception etc... You can't.
  • Options
    XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you suppose the a##hole fanatics that did the damage could have read the same thing you did and decided to strike when they did to coincide with his predictions.
  • Options
    ravenrobravenrob Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    XP100,I agree with you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah and Hitlers parents decided to get married and have him and instead of HiSler they changed their name to HiTler after they read his works. Or writings dealing with citizens of London hiding in the subways of the city.No I don't think they, the ragheads, read any of it. Or you. Nor did I say I believe it, then again I did not say I didn't.
  • Options
    jdchasejdchase Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for posting this twins... I remembered this prediction was made but couldn't find the exact quotation.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your welcome, it is just food for thought and I am not certain that it is correct or if someone has misconstrued it for........ whatever reason one would. But, it does make interesting reading.
  • Options
    hackerhacker Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    search for nostradamas and youll find sites that debunk his predictions. apparently many people attribute things to him that he never said, like the original post on this thread. it is not real.
  • Options
    74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out this site... It might take a couple tries to get thru. http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/hoaxes/predict.htm
    "In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"
  • Options
    adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    The quatrains quoted are not genuine. They were concocted by combining parts of several quatrains. Whoever is passing this around the net is spreading a hoax.Keep in mind that Nostradamus wrote in code to avoid being killed during the Spanish Inquisition. He uses an old dialect of French, so much of the meaning is interpreted by the translator. His writings were deliberately vague and as such are easily corrupted to fit whatever purpose you would like. One thing Nostradamus was very specific about: WW III began in the seventh month of 1999, signaled by some sort of 'king of terror'. Must be a real silent war.Here are some actual Quatrains discussing the 'New City':Century 1, Quatrain 87Ennosigee feu du centre de terre,Fera trembler autour de cit? neuueDeux gras rochers long t?ps feront la guerre,Puis Arethuse rougira nouueau fleuue. Earth-shaking fire from the center of the earth.Will cause the towers around the New City to shake, Two great rocks for a long time will make war,And then Arethusa will color a new river red.
    Century 6, Quatrain 97Cinq & quarante degr?s ciel brusleraFeu approcher de la grand cit? neuue [neufue]Instant grand flamme esparse sauteraQuand on voudra des Normans faire preuue. At forty-five degrees, the sky will burn,Fire approaches the great new city,Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps upWhen they want to have verification from the Normans.
    Century 10, Quatrain 72L'an mil neuf cens nonante neuf sept mois,Du ciel viendra un gran Roy d'effrayeur.Resusciter le grand Roy d'Angolmois.Avant apres Mars regner par bon heur.The year 1999, seventh month, [or simply "sept"]From the sky will come a great King of Terror.To bring back to life the great King of the Mongols,Before and after Mars to reign by good luck. [This message has been edited by admin (edited 09-13-2001).][This message has been edited by admin (edited 09-13-2001).]
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a hoax being posted all over the netNothing like that by Nostrdamus
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What Nostradamus did say was that you must send all your rifles to Beach in Michigan and you will receive three back for each that you send him...as well as a check for a thousand dollars for every rifle sent...oh no.... my mistake that was the internet scam Beach was running not Nostradamus. Beach
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    The quatrane concerning Hitler was analyzed on a History channel program 4 or 5 yrs. ago and any connection between him and the word Hister were debunked. Hister is the name of a river from ancient times. The quatranes, as well as the Bible, were written so ambiguously and translated so many times that the original content has been all but lost. If you really want to know what the Bible says, get a copy of "Dake's Annotated Bible."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, folks, now we know ... even supporters of Nostradamus say that this prediction is clearly a HOAX. And they give several reasons as to why it is a hoax ... not the least of which is that the claim is made that the Nostradamus quote is from 1654 ... when, in fact, the man died in 1566. Why trust the Bible? Well, it is true. Please check out some Biblical propheses ... they are clear and can be checked you by the facts as recorded in secular history. Nostradamus predictions are hopelessly garbled, encoded and unclear that anything could be fabricated by sympathetic extrapolation. I have spoken with "followers" of Nostradamus, and they all say as someone said in this GD thread "you have to believe it so many facts check out. Well, this time the facts check out since the "prediction" was written after the facts! Boy, are the hoax-sters getting clever these days. And we will just believe anything!I still say, stick with the Bible ... it is a much more reliable source. And it is God's love letter to us and all we need to get to know him. Jesus was not lying or kidding around when he said "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except by me." He was making it easier for us! But the choice is still ours ... I for one choose him!God loves us not because we deserve it, but rather inspite of our unworthiness ... it is his simply his nature to love! AMAZING GRACE. Now that is good news!
    Ken
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Why don't we call and ask Miss Cleo? She will know for sure ! BUNK!!!!!!!!
    You can run, but you'll just die tired!Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, RELOAD!
  • Options
    joe4348joe4348 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Twins-You stated, "If you believe the tails of the Bible." By the way, are you an expert in the Bible? Just curious, would you quote one prophecy that hasn't come true?
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NunnPLLEEEEAASE delete this topiccpermd
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cpermd ... why deleat a thread that is giving us ordinary folks a chance to speak up?If you are not interested, just don't read what the rest of us enjoy discussing.
    Ken
  • Options
    dsr61172dsr61172 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this "prediction" was true, then why did it suddenly come out the day after the attack!!! And for the record, it is not NOSTRADAMUS, it is NOSTRADUMBASS!!!
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still have that bridge for sale. Hurry while it lasts!!!!!
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Twins, This is probably not the best place or time to be taking slaps at the bible. Though this great country does allow each their own beliefs, and you are certainly entitled to yours, most of the folks you will find here are along the lines of "In God We Trust". We have our hands full wondering who to trust and who is an enemy. Let's save this argument for a later date and just be Americans. That being said, thank you for for your post and you attempt to inform us. I would hope there were more things we did agree on than not. Let's focus on those until this is over.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    wiredogwiredog Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good post and reply admin.
    I spent all my money on guns, women, and beer. The rest I just wasted.wiredog70@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    normaly I think admin is just here to do to us what the 1st amdmt keeps the govmt from doing however admin scores bigtime,laying the smackdown on a nasty rumor...can you smmmeeeeeellllllllll what admin is cookin?????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Please, let the record show that the NOSTRADAMUS quote is a hoax. This shows how desperate some people are.Why not go with the Bible ... God is adding nothing to it. He saw to it by his divine inspiration that all we need to know in order to get to know him and experience new birth by faith in Jesus is already there!He really made it quite simple ... in fact so simple that even children can understand and he pointed out that we need to become like them. FAITH not stupidity!
    Ken
  • Options
    albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This notradomus stuff is scaring the crap out of me! . . o
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I NEVER SAID I BELIVE ANY OF IT. You blindly follow and belive anything you want. As far as proving, keep sounding like a lib, tell me again to prove it when that has already been asked OF YOU to prove the bible's prophesies. Get facts. Both books of prophesies are what you make of it. How many times do people need to take numbers and turn them into dates, he died before that. No *.For those of you who realize this for what it is, food for thought, a discussion topic, good for you.
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought the Nostradamus movie was pretty cool, I also liked The mummy returns. I thought they were just entertainment, now about that bridge badboybob has and Josey's AK. Could you deliver them COD? I'll be glad to send you a check in certified ghotie_thumper funds from my national bank.