In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Great quote

ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
Subject: FW: Fw: GREAT QUOTE
>
>
>
>
>
> "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given
> the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that
> America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." - -
> Newt Gingrich
[^][:D][:p]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    "Apparently, I'm supposed to be more angry about what Mitt Romney does with his money than what Barack Obama does with mine."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Founder's Quote Daily
    "There is a time for all things, a time to preach and a time to pray, but those times have passed away. There is a time to fight, and that time has now come." --Peter Muhlenberg, from a Lutheran sermon read at Woodstock, Virginia, 1776

A publication of The Patriot Post. It's Right. It's Free.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just read an article that included this awsome quote:

?_oCongress does not need experienced politicians,?__ said Lynch. ?_oCongress needs people who have suffered the hardships created by those experienced politicians.?__

Thought I would share that will ya'll. Here is the article:

http://www.lincolntimesnews.com/2013/10/23/mchenry-to-face-republican-challenger/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "It is time for a new Middle East," she said. "It is time to say to those that don't want a different kind of Middle East that we will prevail. They will not." Condoleezza Rice

I hope the administration really means it!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "If we want to keep our nation's secrets a secret, then why don't we hide them where President Obama keeps his college transcript and birth certificate?" - Gov. Mike Huckabee
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "We did not need to use a secret military tribunal, detain the defendant indefinitely as an enemy combatant or deny the defendant the right to counsel. The message to the world from today's sentencing is that our courts have not abandoned our commitment to the ideals that set our nation apart... [the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks have made Americans realize they are vulnerable to terrorism and that some believe] this threat renders our Constitution obsolete ... If that view is allowed to prevail, the terrorists will have won."

U.S. District Judge John C. Coughenour, July 27, 2005
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Heard Giuliani say last night:

'Change' is not a destination ... just as "hope" is not a strategy."

That quote sums up the failure of the Obama canadacy right there.
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    EMM: Obviously, the Judge is some weird left-winger who doesn't know what he is talking about.

This judge demonstrates clearly why Bush needs to be the only one who appoints the judges and why it should be done without any interference from anyone.

(For Bushbots: This is sarcasm.)[}:)][;)]

volenti non fit injuria
  • Options
    ginmartiniginmartini Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would you mind posting the complete statement instead of a selected part???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When I find the complete quote, I will post it.

But barring him saying, "And I enjoy molesting children, raping nuns, and setting black people on fire," I think the meaning is quite clear and more than apt in this current atmosphere of state-sponsored fear and paranoia in the United States.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I could understand that except now I could state that EMM said "I enjoy molesting children, raping nuns, and setting black people on fire". Anything, even if the speaker does not mean it the way it appears can be taken out of context.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Here's a fuller quote with commentary by some *gasp* bloggers

Here's what the judge had to say.

Okay. Let me say a few things. First of all, it will come as no surprise to anybody that this sentencing is one that I have struggled with a great deal, more than any other sentencing that I've had in the 24 years I've been on the bench.

"I've done my very best to arrive at a period of confinement that appropriately recognizes the severity of the intended offense, but also recognizes the practicalities of the parties' positions before trial and the cooperation of Mr. Ressam, even though it did terminate prematurely

The message I would hope to convey in today's sentencing is twofold:

"First, that we have the resolve in this country to deal with the subject of terrorism and people who engage in it should be prepared to sacrifice a major portion of their life in confinement.

"Secondly, though, I would like to convey the message that our system works. We did not need to use a secret military tribunal, or detain the defendant indefinitely as an enemy combatant, or deny him the right to counsel, or invoke any proceedings beyond those guaranteed by or contrary to the United States Constitution.

"I would suggest that the message to the world from today's sentencing is that our courts have not abandoned our commitment to the ideals that set our nation apart. We can deal with the threats to our national security without denying the accused fundamental constitutional protections.

"Despite the fact that Mr. Ressam is not an American citizen and despite the fact that he entered this country intent upon killing American citizens, he received an effective, vigorous defense, and the opportunity to have his guilt or innocence determined by a jury of 12 ordinary citizens.

"Most importantly, all of this occurred in the sunlight of a public trial. There were no secret proceedings, no indefinite detention, no denial of counsel.

"The tragedy of September 11th shook our sense of security and made us realize that we, too, are vulnerable to acts of terrorism.

"Unfortunately, some believe that this threat renders our Constitution obsolete. This is a Constitution for which men and women have died and continue to die and which has made us a model among nations. If that view is allowed to prevail, the terrorists will have won.

"It is my sworn duty, and as long as there is breath in my body I'll perform it, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. We will be in recess.

Hewitt has this response:

Whatever the message the judge hoped to send, the one he in fact did send was to Islamicists all around the globe: Come to America. Try and kill us. Either you succeed and get to your version of heaven, or you'll get a second chance 22 years later after spending a couple of decades setting up networks that can help you with round 2.

Captain Ed chimes in with this pearl of wisdom:

Please remember that this case got highlighted by the Kerry campaign during last year's election as the model for handling terrorists, as opposed to the wartime approach favored by the Bush administration. This shows that our first instincts were correct, and that the only advantage of using civilian courts to fight international terrorists will be to highlight the damage that Presidents can do when they pick idiots to sit on the federal bench.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Nemesis. Damn those boggers...[:)]
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm here for ya, baby.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Umm gee why is it that N E's version seems fuller and more complete the actual quote, why would we want to muddy the story with the facts? We aren't being misled by the ol monkee agin r whe? naw weer jus a bun uv dum REDNECKS. Seems like u n Hairee bear (ie comrade hair) ave been dbunked again. It's either there and now or here later.

Common Sense is an Uncommon Virtue.