In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Good" price on a 10/22

ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
I hope this doesn't get locked right away. I'm in the market for a stainless 10/22 and I know the options are endless, I see a lot of them for sale here but the prices vary so much and I see very few bids on most of them. What is a good price for a ss 10/22. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. I'd bid on what's out there but I don't know if the prices are right or not, with no bids on most of them I'd guess most are too high. I want a gun I can either build up or one that is set up already. Heavy barrel, laminated stock, either stock or custom trigger, if scoped, must be leupold or burris. I could put this in the wanted section but would probably be locked immediately, just want a Decent Deal.

Common Sense is an Uncommon Virtue.

Comments

• Options
    bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    all 10/22 receivers can be built up the same. i personally wouldn't pay over $150 for a used gun and that includes shipping. you are going to dump a couple hundred dollars to get the heavy barrel and a nice stock. i hear that volquartzen and green mountain make nice barrels for them. if i were you, i would find a penny start auction and start your bid at $100. at least you will find out what people will pay for one. you would probably be better off to build the rifle yourself, as most people want to charge a premium for work they have put into the gun on top of what they have paid for the barrel and stock.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
  • Options
    drewtodrewto Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello:
    I purchased a new 10-22 Ruger in stainless and paid $200. Then I sold the barrel and trigger on GB and believe it or not recouped @$120 of my purchase price.(a big part of the high return I think was because both could be advertised as "new" parts). I knew then that I was starting out with a fresh action. I splurged on a drop in Kidd Trigger and Green Mountain heavy barrel (@$360.00, and a $5.00 buffer). I'd try that route if your looking into building a 10/22. Plenty of cheaper drop in triggers, but I'm sold on the Kidd. Even if you sold the parts at 1/2 the new price I think you'd be ahead. Friends of mine have purchased used 10/22's for as little as $50.00 at gun shows, but they were not stainless, and some had functioning problems.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wholesale for dealers on new 10/22 SS/Syn is $168.00. Fair price for new one is $189-$209 range. That should help you out finding a "Fair price".
  • Options
    johalljohall Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i hate to say it but walmart usally has a pretty good deal on 10/22
    i think i paid 200 for mine at the local gunshop and seen it a walmart for cheaper.
  • Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi,

I agree with Johall. It is hard to do better than Wal-Mart for the 10/22 and their price is fair and competitive. People tend to scoff at Wal-Mart, but their guns are the same as the ones purchased in sporting goods stores and gunshops. Another fact, if the Wal-Mart where you live doesn't have the 10/22 you want in stock, they are more than happy to special order one for you. Just ask to look at their catalog.

Ruger's suggested retail list price for a standard stainless 10/22 with hardwood stock is $304.00. Here is a link where you view the different Ruger models and prices.

www.ruger.com

This should give you some consumer power to make informed judgements as to price.

Regards,

Heavyiron

bullitt_county_4199_small.jpg
    "If I don't see you nomore on this world, I'll meet you on the next one, and don't be late!" - Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    I'm in the same boat as you are,ghotie.I'm wanting to build another 10/22 and have or have access to everything I need when the time comes except the reciever.I'm tryin' to keep it as low-buck as possible so I've been watchin' the local want adds,hittin' all the pawn shops and gun shops in the area and haven't been able to come up with even a beater for less than $150.[:(]
    This is gonna be a winter project so I still have time,but it's startin' to look like I'll wind up buyin' a new one at Wally World.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Waited and watched and shopped gun shows, ect. Same conclusion as bobbywins. Used they bring in the $140 to 150 range. Go to WallyWorld for cheapest price, or as local shop if they can/will match or come close to price. Sometimes they just can't come that low.
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks all for the replies, I think I can shop with a little more confidence and think that I'll be in the ball park now anyways. I will definitely start with stainless, I know if the trigger's anything like my 77/22 that'll be the first thing to go, after that the build will begin. thanks again.

Common Sense is an Uncommon Virtue.