In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New, I want a gun!!!

goheels18goheels18 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Ok, This is the final posting for this and this post should last a while... LOL. I'll beable to talk tomorrow, as tonight is halloween, and I'll be at a friends house. Talk to you guys later.Chris

Comments

• shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    goheels18, this thread will last alot longer over here. Have you made your choice for your gun? That one 218 offered you would make a nice one!
    Sir Shane of the~Secret Select Society of Sauve Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    goheels,talk to ya tommarow..218
    edited November -1
    goheels18, Are you still with us? Hope you had fun yesterday!
    Sir Shane of the~Secret Select Society of Sauve Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since we have a thread already going, I need anyones input regarding a 22lr marlin tube fed semi-auto. A quick look at a local pawnshop yielded one with a $60 tag on it. Does anyone know how these rifles perform, accuracy and reliability wise? The condition is about 85-90% all factory emblems on the wood is still there although faded. Is this a good buy for this amount?thanks,-Smooth
    Life is the leading cause of death.Everything else is just a contributing factor.
  • goheels18goheels18 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey guys, How was your halloween? LOL. I've decided on getting the Ruger 10/22, then later, buying the Marlin Model 60. That allows meto get used to the 22 then be ready for a little bit of a bigger gun and kick. It'll take a while though, I only have $20 right now, so I don't expect to have a gun of my own for a while. But I will accept that gun you offered me .218!!!! That would be awesome!!! Got to go... I'll be on for a while tonight.ByeChris
    edited November -1
    Smooth, that 22. Marlin would be a good buy at $60 if is in good shape. I own several Marlins some new some old. I like all of them but prefer the older ones. Every Marlin I've owned has been good shooters. Just keep them clean and you should not have any problems.goheels, I hope you enjoy that Ruger when you get it!!!! They also are good guns. The Marlin may be bigger but doesn't kick at all.
    Sir Shane of the~Secret Select Society of Sauve Stylish Smoking Jackets~[This message has been edited by shane (edited 11-01-2001).]
    edited November -1
    hey, what happened to you guys, you haven't replied for awhile. i decided to not get the 22 because i shot my friend's marlin model 60 and loved it. i think ill get that and just not get the 22. The model 60 will be better too because it will last longer. talk to you guys later
    edited November -1
    goheels,we haven`t replied becuase you haven`t replied!I know a shop that has an older M-60 Marlin for $95.00,I could probably get it for $65.00 in one of my multi-gun deals which I often do with them.Hang in there,they are not hard to find..I bought one from the same place ,less than a year ago for $40.00.Don`t worry,we`ll get ya squared away!!!.218[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 11-07-2001).][This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 11-07-2001).]
  • oldsoldiersneverdieoldsoldiersneverdie Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of folks make fun of Marlins as kid's guns, but my favorite carbine is my trusty Camp 9 (i.e. 9mm). I found a 30rd mag that makes for a lot of shooting!
    edited November -1
    Hey,they`re awesome,I now have them from .218Bee,to 35 Rem.,to 375 Win.,To 45-70,and they are as good as it gets..218
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    All right Old-soldier. I have a 9mm Marlin Camp Carbine too and I think they're great guns.Where'd you find the 30 round mag? I have several S&W 15 rd. mags that fit. I'd like to have some with more capacity.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have we not heard from our friend Goheels? Let us know whats up? Did you find a gun?
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.com
    edited November -1
    Hey O.C.,roll back a few posts,he came on..wonderin` where we been...pretty funny kid,huh??.218
    edited November -1
    Hi guys, I'm back again. Whats going on lately? I've pretty much decided that I just won't get the Ruger 10/22 at all and just go straight for the Marlin Model 60. It has more power, and I'll beable to still use it when I'm older. (size wise) Also, when I buy a gun, I like to buy it new. So I probably won't buy a old or used gun. I just like new (like within 10 years) but not used. Also, on the Model 60, is there anyway to get like a magazine for that? That would be cool to have it hold ...30. How much do you guys think it would cost for a new model 60? Talk to you later.Chris
    edited November -1
    About $125.,and you can forget about a clip for it!!!!.218
  • OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I can't wait for that first report from the firing range Goheels, let me know when you do get it and I'll send ya some cash for ammo. Good choice, I have a Glenfeild that is older than me, the exact same rifle as the 60, and has been well used, for hunting, and plinking, I think you'll be happy.
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.com
    edited November -1
    Ok, thanks guys. It's just going to take awhile because basketball season just started and I have to uyb my shoes and stuff, so I'll have no $$$$ and will have to start from scratch. plus i only get a few bucks a month for alowance and I'm too young to have a job for like a major company. so this sucks
    edited November -1
    I`ve been known to go to high school basketball games...as you know we have some fine teams in the county..football too.I suppose you will be a Barron Collier man soon..218
    edited November -1
    actually I go to a private school currently because I'm "bright". lol, I go to the Communtiy School. Next year I'm going to Gulf Coast though. so maybe ill see you there. gtg, talk later
    edited November -1
    Oh,for a minute there ,I thought you were gunna attend high school at CS,I have been to that gym to see them play the Everglades City Gators,and we would be on different sides.Ya see,I am from the Everglades area,and went to school there.Gulf Coast is a huge new school,I have been to that Auditorium to see my little girl`s dance recitals.So then you can change your name to ~gosharks~.218
    edited November -1
    No, I'm not changing my name. Our school name is Seahawks, but the Heels part of my name is for the college I want to go to. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. So I won't change my name. Ya, I'm not sure if im going to play JV or just the middle school team. I'm too small for varsity even though I would play a lot because I can shoot better than most the people on that team, and still too short for JV, I wouldn't start on either, maybe JV. but on the middle school team, Ill start and probably have 25 points and 8 assists per game. Thats about what I averaged last year, and I'm playing in the same league with 1 year of my ability on my side. So we'll see how it goes.
    edited November -1
    goheels,I know!!!What I was talking about is the school you will be attending...Gulf Coast"sharks"..218
  • ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey heels, I've got a Marlin Model 60 and it is the same caliber as the 10/22. Both are .22 caliber rifles. The 10/22 is probably considered the better of the 2 but the Model 60 has been around a long time. I have one and it has the tube magazine under the barrel. I can fit about 16 or 17 rounds in it. With the 10/22 you can get much larger magazines. Good luck with whichever one you land.