In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Made it back.

ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Had my little ear surgery. Wow post op Morphine. I just don't see what the thrill is in that stuff. It made me dizzy, I had to remind myself to breath and I was so nauseaus I could hardly drive. Ha, kidding about the driving part. My better half took care of me there. I won't know if the hole patch worked for about 2 weeks. I'm glad to be back in front of the cpu talking to you all again.

Comments

• Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome back, fish whacker! I said, "WELCOME BACK!" I SAID, "WELCOME BACK"!!!...oh, never mind!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey I heard you the 3rd time. I think. It doesn't matter, my screen prints in braille.
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AND you've still got yer sense of humor! Nice ta see ya back!
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    God speed your recovery ghotie_thumper. Not your vehicle while on morphine. LOL. Not a gun injury was it?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in time for Christmas and all safe and sound. Great news! Glad you are back and well.
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope things continue to go well for you.Enjoy the holidays.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure if it was gun related or not. I definitely wear ear protection but in yrs past have been in situations where none were in place when guns have went off. Thanks to all, it wasn't so bad as far as the surgery, it was the waking up that gets you. I felt like I'd been hit in the back of the head by a 2x4, And I had to go to the bathroom so bad. The nurse handed me a portable urinal (bottle), then wouldn't let me turn over onto my side to go. I'd never tried to go to the bathroom while lying flat on my back before, it was like there was a mental block against it. In the recovery room with people walking back and forth, about 6 or 8 beds on either side of me with people in them. Stage fright, I couldn't go. Then they took my Blood Pressure and it was going through the roof, something like 185/115. Now they wouldn't let me out of the recovery room until my Bp was back to normal. I told the nurse if she'd just walk me over to the can I'd be fine. The nurse finally talked the doc into letting me walk into the bathroom and when I was done my Bp dropped back to 122/72 within about 5 minutes. Talk about high anxiety. Oh I know some of you are probably thinking, "that's a little more than we needed to know about your hospital stay Ghotie", well let me tell you, when they say no food or drink after midnight the day before a surgery, they aren't kidding. We went to an xmas party the night before and I pushed the midnight limit to the last second. I'll be good next time. Thanks all.