In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reloading question. Best setup for reloading 44-40?

RaiderRaider Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Would like to know the best relaoding press setup for 44-40. I'd like to be able to turn out 500-600 round an hour. I don't want the cheapest nor can I afford gold plated stuff with bells and whistles I don't need. A friend said something about a Dillion press. Any help?

Comments

• Options
    UmpimahkenUmpimahken Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Dillon RL550B is about as good a reloader as there is on the market. Course I'm biased, I own one. Simple to use, setup, and maintain. Does an amazing job turning out bullets. Dillon does have some that will do more, if you are thinking about doing a small commercial operation. But just because I own and really like the Dillon product doesn't mean that the Lee, RCBS and Lyman presses aren't good. They are. But in my humble opinion, the Dillon is the best. They have a no-BS warranty for as long as the machine exists, so if you buy a used one the warranty is still in force.The best thing you can do is talk to those who reload, get their opinions, study the machines, the warranties and service records and chose the one that is the best for you.