In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

i know its coming

hackerhacker Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
just wait. in time some politician like schumer or boxer will introduce "safety" and "anti-terrorism" bills that will further restrict guns and gun owners. and how will anyone in congress (or the white house) be able to argue against anti-terrorism legialation?

Comments

• Options
    burn1bobburn1bob Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i do think that 'big brother' and the 'one worlders' are already scheming to try to releive us of some of our privacy and other civil liberties by using this tradgedy and their same old more security/less freedom rhetoric. BUT, i dont think our right to keep and bear arms will be one of them! the soil and citizens of this country (as well as the military) have been attacked by mad outsiders for the first time in our history. sales of guns and ammo are skyrocketing at dealers and gun shows nation wide. even the anti's are either now openly or secretly arming themselves and their loved ones. i feel that, fortunately, real gun control legislation is dead. and, unfortunately, so is a lot of other 'good' legislation. any politician with the IQ of a hickory stump that wants to get re-elected wont pass the words "gun control" from his/her lips for a long, long time. just my humble opinion.>bob
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Thay can hide behind the screen of the WTC catatrophe and slip in a bill or two while no one is looking.I am afraid that Sept. 11th has brought on a new era of rights reduction in this country.Mu ISP right now is under carnivore surveilance and I am apprehensive of saying anything out of line or could be misconstrued to be.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm afraid Hacker is right. Schumer, Feinstein, et al, are playing the old political "magic" trick. They're saying what the people want to hear to get us to think, "well, maybe they aren't so bad after all".Watch a magician very closely sometime. They do the same thing. They get you watching what they're doing with one hand so you won't see what they're doing with the other.Watch what the "gun-grabbers" are doing with that "other hand". You can believe it's not anything good for gun owners.Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.
  • Options
    trapshooterkingtrapshooterking Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I find it interesting that very little has been said about the fact that here, in the worst terrorist attack ever to take place anywhere in the world, not one shot was fired, not one firearm used.I woder how the likes of Schumer, Feinstein, et al get their little heads around that.