In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wyoming: Added reciprocity to the following list of states

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Wyoming: Added reciprocity to Utah, Added reciprocity to South Carolina, Added reciprocity to Montana, Added reciprocity to Mississippi, Added reciprocity to Michigan, Added reciprocity to Kentucky, Added reciprocity to Indiana, Added reciprocity to Idaho http://www.packing.org/

Comments

• Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Ok Josey; I'll bite what the h*ll is recep??????sity anyway. I love your posts but this one has this countryboy stumped.
    Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!
  • Options
    VarmintmistVarmintmist Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Means ya'lls carry purr-mit is valid in their state
  • Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    South Dakota also passed a recip law a couple weeks ago.
  • Options
    reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of this is old news I contacted the Wyoming Attorney General over a year ago and was told that they would honor my Utah permit.
    Guncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anytime,My state (PA) keeps losing reciprocity with other states, we are shall issue with no silly gov. test. Some states started having a test and will no longer accept PA. Course PA doesent seem to grant equal terms to the states that DID grant recip, ie WV could only carry in the car in pa, while PA could carry all the way in WV. I think it pi$$ed WV off, we cant carry there anymore.
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of these days I'm coming down to PA to get a nonresident CCW. Shoot I might even move down there if they make it easy to get my guns there. God I hate NY!WOODS
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Varmintist, although not required by the state there is a few counties that do require testing or proof of instruction. I got blasted for this once but I will say it again, I like the idea of testing for a ccw, or atleast some sort of instruction. I hear horror stories from a dealer friend of mine about some of the "winners" that come to his store looking for handguns. Kinda makes me nervous knowing some of these dingbats get a permit as dumb as they act. Some go in with the knowledge they got at the bar last nite on carry laws and it don't sound good, when he tries to explain to these people the real laws on carrying, they get a little bent. BTW, I don't get to watch alot of tv and keep up with the currents, which one of these candidates for gov is the good guy?
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But just think of the dingbats who are going to write the test and administer it1. How do you feel about a BLACK gun?2. How many rounds will a six shot assault pistol hold?And the practical LOL, Thats right sir, hold the gun sideways like we see on TV. No Im not going to pass you, we met our quota for tobacco dipping white guys last week, if you were a redhead woman with a peg leg we could fit you in sir.I just think that giving the buracracy somthing else to slow down and screw up aint worth it. I would like to see a volenteer system. The Sherrif could let a local NRA affil. club stick a flyer in with the packet you get with times and dates for a VOLANTARY class ( I know its late this looks right)As for Gov. well, I really cant in my heart vote DEM, the ex-mayor of Filthydelphia (nice place to bypass) will be the dem pick. My cousin worked for Fisher in Harrisburg in the Atty. Gens. Off. He never said anything foul about him. Fisher really did go after the bad guys. As a Gov, I dont know, yet.[This message has been edited by Varmintmist (edited 03-02-2002).]
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was toying with the idea of going through the hassle of getting a CCW in the state where I currently live. I haven't gotten a feel for the climate in the local LEO environment yet and really don't feel like being insulted similarly to the way the chief deputy sheriff treated me when I lived two counties north of here (back in the day). I still hang onto my old CCW from NY which will still be valid in 2006 if I ever manage to make it back out there. I was wondering how much weight a previously-issued CCW from the state of NY would carry which requires a class I never took and an FBI fingerprint check to go with the usual state-level checks. I am working about 80% of the time that I am awake and am not permitted to be armed while working. It just doesn't seem worth the time or hassle. I won't be able to take the class due to work constraints and I don't have any documentation of a class from NY since I found a way around that. I wonder if it would be worth all of that hassle.
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    IMO, New York residents should ot be allowed to own any guns. When they elected Schummer and Clinton,, they demonstrated they do not have all of their marbles. Any state that could be so easily dooped should not own guns.Boomer
    Protect our Constitutional Rights.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ids.,I have relatives who live in NY so I'm familiar with the gun laws there.That said if you do not retain a place of residence in NY then that permit isn't worth the plastic it is printed on.There are no out of state permitee's allowed to carry in NY except for traveling and competition/training reasons.If I were you I would call the NY state firearms dept. and find out for sure.Boomer."IMO, New York residents should ot be allowed to own any guns. When they elected Schummer and Clinton,, they demonstrated they do not have all of their marbles. Any state that could be so easily dooped should not own guns."Well Boomer by that same rational you should not be allowed to own any guns.When YOU elected Bill Clinton and AL Gore to the White House for TWO TERMS,YOU demonstrated you do not have all your marbles.Again,by that same rationale,I guess we all deserve the oppressive gun laws enacted during Clintons administration.Lastly I guess you believe that any COUNTRY that could be so easily dooped into electing such an anti-gun administration for two terms should not own guns. The only thing worse than an anti-gunner trying to strip gunowners rights is a gunowner who believes ANY AMERICAN does not deserve their 2nd amendment right. Your tag line reads "Protect our Constitutional Rights.",if you truly believe that than you would not advocate the loss of rights for any American.[This message has been edited by Josey1 (edited 03-02-2002).]
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I go back to NY, I will have the exact same address that I had previously. They won't even know I left the state.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Josey1 - Geez, I guess you are not able to take a little good natured ribbing, albeit very little. I know that all residents in NY did not vote for these bums, as all Americans did not vote for Clinton.If you have ever read any of my posts you should know exactly where I stand on this issue. FYI, for some of the people that post on this board it is all about Duty, Honor, and Country. I am happy to say I fall into that crowd. However, for some others that post on this board, and that I have challenged lately, sadly it apears to be all about the money and self. Still others appear to be almost clueless about this Anti-Second Amendment "creeping-incrementalism", but atleast they are catching on slowly. This is where I think your posts are the most helpful.Now having said that, I do have a problem with the NYC zombies/idiots that believe people like Schummer, Clinton, and Letterman know what is best for all of us and that overwhelmingly support the prevailing liberal agenda.BoomerP.S. Lighten up or you will have a stroke.
    Protect our Constitutional Rights. [This message has been edited by Boomerang (edited 03-02-2002).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is the packing.org site down? I have not been able to access it for two days. Boomer
    Protect our Constitutional Rights.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Boomer I know too many good people and have too much family to sit here and let a silly comment like yours go without reply.Since leaving NY 15 years ago there are still people there that would throw themselves in front of a train for me(and visaversa).I apoligize for jummping on you,I know you to be a true patriot,however next time think of those gunowners in NY who are imprisoned by their liberal captors of NYC and cast a smaller net at your target. BTW as of today you can buy ANY FIREARM you want in NY(as a resident,no class 3 however) from AK-47's to FAL's To HK g3's as well as get a carry permit for personal defense,outside of NYC it is like a different state. Respectfully,JOSEY[This message has been edited by Josey1 (edited 03-02-2002).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I agree Vamrintist, it would be better if a private group gave the instruction and not the local government. Maybe we could make it so everyone has to go to Thunder Ranch or Front Sight! LOL! I don't really know what to say, we are truly blessed to live in PA with the gun laws here, but it may reach up and bite us in the butt also. As more and more of the anti gun crowd move over here from Joisey and The "City" we may see things happen to our carry laws we don't like. I just feel if we start some sort of a training program, either voluntary or mandated it may help usa in the long run. Look at what you said about the other states not honoring our permits. As long as we don't turn into another NY, MD or CA I think we may benifit from it. Heck, let me teach 'em!! I'll take 'em to the farm and show them how we rednecks do things!!!!Scary huh?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not scary, its a good idea. I have tinkered with the thought of getting the NRA saftey instructors course. But the time just isnt there to do it. Actually I want the wife to go, $ get $ women $ who $ want $ pistol $ training $ from $ a $ woman $ instead $ of $ a $ 250 lb $ linebacker $ looking $ redneck $. Post the address and courses times at the sherrifs office. Still may happen, after I buy land, which will (hopefully) be soon.About "the City", when I worked in the Peoples Republic of New Jersy, people kept telling me they were from "the City" I kept asking "which one?"......just kinda added to their glazed look
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We truckers use the term "the city" quite often. I can be in Cal and mention "the city" and they know what I'm talking about. Either that or all ya gotta say is " I gotta cross the bridge" and they know where. To put it nicely, it's the "city so nice they named it twice". Where in PA do you live? I live near Huntingdon, not far from Penn State and just a stones throw from the "Mason Dixon line". Aint nothin but a bunch of rednecks around here. As I said jokingly in another post, ya have to have a 4x4 to join the country club and social status is determined by the size of your tires and how much loose ammo is found under the seat. Alot of the guys around here was born with a shotgun in one hand, beer in the other and a wad of redman in thier cheek.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    16 in tires on the 4x4, bout a box more or less 06 ammo, and Timber Wolf. Am I in??Butler Pa, N of pittsburg now, I grew up near Wilkes-Barre, and when I got a job in the PRNJ, I lived below Stroudsburg, in Bangor and commuted every freaking day into the PRNJ for 9 years.Yeah I know what "the city" to, I just liked letting them New Yorkers know that some of us just aint impressed.[This message has been edited by Varmintmist (edited 03-03-2002).]