In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

All You World Political Experts....

oughtsixoughtsix Member Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
...hear's an interesting take on the UN, and several other matters of current concern, from Canadian writer, Mark Steyn. IMNSHO, he is dead right.

Oughtsix

http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?id=8D176C1C-C288-431D-A0D1-85D61A68219B

And here's a hopeful story from the Christian Science Monitor on the emergence of free media in Iraq.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0429/p06s01-woiq.html

Comments

• Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spot on! That is a great artical. In my view the first 3 paragraphs
    say it all!

quote:"This decision cannot be automatic," says the Foreign Minister with a straight face. "For the Security Council to take this decision, we need to be certain whether Iraq has weapons of mass destruction or not."

Hello ???? Then What in the hell were they doing over there.

quote:But if you want to turn a long-shot into a surefire failure, there's no better way than handing post-war Iraq from the Americans to the UN --

How many times has the UN tried to fix the problem in Iraq and Failed
    and they whant to help set up a new Iraqi Gov.?
    How long has the United States been telling the UN how to deal with Saddam.
    in other words
    UN, Step aside, The United states will show you how to do it without ***** footin around. Should have been done 12 years ago.

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

God Bless our Troops
    Virtutis-Gloria-Merces
  • Options
    jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We should kick the Russians * next. Germany and France ain't got no * to kick.[:(!][:(!]

fc6cb6ef.gif
  • Options
    oughtsixoughtsix Member Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, fellas, it's nice to know that two of you actually went and read these!

Oughtsix
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well if not for the UN we would have finished the job the first time around! I say get us out and kick thier butts out of our country. Turn the UN building into a new parking lot.

Woods
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For Jawharding

I'll probably get into trouble for this, but when we are done kicking the Russian's *, maybe we could take care of some anti-American pro-Communist enclaves here at home. May I offer as first on the list:

The People's Republic of Palo Alto, California (its next to Stanford University...hint)

Once we clean out those Bolsheviks by the Bay (I worked for the city many years), maybe we could go down to Fresno and liberate my youngest brother...
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oughtsix;
    There were more than just 2 who read it.
    Sometimes the links provided on the original page are interesting to follow. You do not get that option when a person cuts and pastes.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    spectre7spectre7 Member Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, and then we'll eradicate any other non-mainstream group. We can't have all these different groups and idea cluttering up the good ole USA. But seriously, it's alright to joke about groups that seem to have their heads in a certain crevice which does not contain sufficient oxygen for normal mental functions, but let's not turn it into an US VS. Them thing; those lines become blurred very quickly.