In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock Question ...

kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
I bought a Glock 22 and rarely ever shoot it, I don't really care for the calibur, so I was wondering what is needed to convert it from 40S&W to 9mm?

Just a 9mm barrel?

Or is there more to it than that?

I've offered it for sale on GB auction, and even though it really is LNIB (I've only fired 20 rounds through it) no one wants to pay anything near what its worth ... best offer I've had is $400 delivered and since I'm not a dealer shipping would run me about $35-$40 ... so I'd only be getting actually around $360 it [:(]
kimberkid_1050932579_Glock22.jpg

Edit ... looks as though as I was posting this it got a bid ... Buyer is "NR" rated but I've had pretty good luck with NR's ...

===========================
Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]
kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.

Comments

• Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    I know you would need to change the mags as well...at least. they lips are farther apart on the .40 than the 9mm

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • Options
    CWatsonCWatson Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [www.lonewolfdist.com]Has 9mm conversion barrels for your Glock.As pikeal said you will need 9mm mags.Most shooters have no trouble with this setup and are comfortable with it for plinking.However some go as far as changing the extractor.I am sure you could trade it for a 9mm Glock of similiar condition and vintage at [www.glocktalk.com].CW

To convert it to 357 SIG you would only switch barrels.

1.KILL EM' ALL AND LET ALLAH SORT EM' OUT!

2.NEVER WASTE MONEY ON SPRINGFIELD ARMORY!!
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, an aftermarket barrel and magazine. I personally prefer the .40 over any 9mm (except on cost). You can also convert the .40 to a .357 SIG with only a barrel.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    spectre7spectre7 Member Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed, I dropped a .40 barrel into my Glock 33....And didn't care much for the .40, but the change was easy enough. Personally, I really like the .357 Sig, and the ammo is usually cheaper than .40, though not 9mm price by any means.