In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

can anyone even stand this guy

jager22jager22 Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff For the story behind the story... Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2001ABC's Vile Bill Maher Calls U.S. Military CowardlyThe evil-tongued Bill Maher is finally getting his comeuppance.Maher, all too often the chief dunce of political correctness on ABC's hypocritically named "Politically Incorrect," has finally ticked off his advertisers, this time by insulting our men and women in uniform."We have been the cowards, lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away," he said during a rant against the U.S. military. "That's cowardly."He expressed his admiration for the terrorists who slammed hijacked airliners into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing thousands of Americans."Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly," the schlock show host said.Federal Express and Sears have yanked their ads from the late-night show."Sears took this action after reviewing a transcript of the September 17 conversation among Maher and his guests in which the U.S. military was described as cowardly," the retailer said in a statement today.After receiving a flood of complaints from around the country, Federal Express did likewise. It's about time. For some reason advertisers didn't seem to mind when Maher "joked" about Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris being murdered or compared retarded children to dogs.Maher made his comments after Dinesh D'Souza, a panelist on Monday's program, disputed President Bush's reference to the terrorists as cowards."These are warriors," D'Souza claimed, "and we have to realize that the principles of our way of life are in conflict with people in the world."Radio host and station general manager Dan Patrick told the Houston Chronicle: "I was just appalled. When you call our men in the [armed forces] cowards and our military policy cowardly, and when you call these hijackers 'warriors,' that should not be tolerated.""The First Amendment gives us the freedom of speech, but it does not guarantee anyone a TV show or a TV camera or a radio show, for that matter," Patrick said. "If Bill Maher believes that Americans are cowards and hijackers are warriors, let him go out on the street corner and shout that. But Disney does not have to give him a TV show and Channel 13 does not have to air that show."ABC issued a statement saying that Maher's show "celebrates freedom of speech and encourages the animated exchange of ideas and opinions. Understandably, this forum can oftentimes arouse intense emotions, especially during such a sensitive time.""While we remain sensitive to the current climate following last week's tragedy, and continue to do our part to help viewers cope with unfolding events, we have an obligation to offer a forum for the expression of our nation's diverse opinions

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    He needs to be working as an assistant manager at McDonald's.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Egotistical Rogue, Evil, Dangerous Racist Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Ever notice how that show usualy has one decent person on the panel,trying to get a word in edgewise against four sorry scumbags including his sorry *?
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I've never watched more than 5 minutes of his programs and I come away wanting nothing more than to smash his silly-assed face to a pulp.How do sleazeballs like him get a TV show?
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Assistant manager is too lofty. He should have to clean the military's porta-potties for a living. (No offense intended to those who actually do clean the military's porta-potties).BTW, anyone know if his chicken little * ever served.
  • Options
    fxdwg98fxdwg98 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never seen it...but ABC has been having complaints about Jennings too.
  • Options
    burn1bobburn1bob Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think what he meant was the cowardly way the POLITICIANS run the military. by only allowing them 'to lob missiles' or by not allowing them to finish off saddam husein, or by pulling out of somalia when American soldiers were killed, or by not fighting for a clear military victory in vietnam, or even by not letting us take the soviets at the end of WWII. i wont defend all of his rhetoric, especially on guns (he's like the aclu - defends all ammendmenments except the 2nd), but he is a libertarian who believes in the men and women of our armed forces and a strong defense as he has praised and honored them many many times over the last five years. jmho>bob
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    This country in it's history has met the enemy face to face many times and a lot of good Americans have died doing it!If lobbing missiles will get the job done and bring our people back alive-I'm all for it!As far as Maher goes, he's one splinter and two freckles away from being Howdy Doody anyway and you can't expect much from a lap dancing idiot with someones hand up his *!Most of his "guests" are liberal freaks from some sideshow carnival where they are no more than "geeks"If you were to meet Maher or one of his gutless anti-american cohorts in a dark alley and ask where the nearest 7-11 is, they would probably loose control of all their body functions right there on the spot adding to the all ready wretched stench from their presence!Personally, i would like to take a nice wet leather buggy whip and beat the f**kers in the face until all that was left was raw flesh and blood!Where the hell do all these communist maggots come from?????JMHO!
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    X-ring alledan!! Beach
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PC with BM(bowel movement) = Politically Correct with Bill Maher. When Bill Maher (BM) first opened his show, he often spoke critically of Silly Willy Clinton, and of other stupid things going on in DC. As, the show grew in popularity, and he started 'feeling his oats', he started reversing his reteroic, and political stance. Which I suspect was only 'under the covers'. To the point of outright antagonistism towards "the right", George Bush, Republicans, and 'Christians'".Guest on his show were, and still are slanted, and stacked. He has become the comedy king of the politically correct. What s poster boy. Contact all of his advertisers, express your opinions, boycott them if they're resistant to listening. This is the perfect time to give Mr. Bowel Moventment his walking papers.
    Happy Bullet Holes!
  • Options
    SP TigerSP Tiger Member Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to mention that he is an anti-gun freak who wouldn't know an M-16 from an MRE.
    Better to have and not need, than need and not have.
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where does this one who hides behind his mommies skirt get off insinuating the US military is cowardly? Is using any method other than hand to hand with knives brave by his opinion? Anyone who puts on the battle gear of a soldier has more courage in their little finger than Maher will know in a life time. What's with the title to his show anyway? If it's not POLITICALLY CORRECT, it doesn't air on his show. I used to tune in for a few minutes now and then to see what kind of C rap is spewing forth from his dull wit, now I will cut back on my watching of ABC, limited to Monday Night Football of course. Sorry I guess I'm a hypocrite. Kudo's to Sears and Fed Ex for pulling their Ads from the show.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're not even safe from it on Monday Night Football. Bill Maggot and that lame-* Dennis Miller happen to be tight friends and two-of-a-kind politically.
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    saxon,I like your input.Gotta admit dont alwys no just where you are coming from,But you sure make a a splash when you get here.This old dumb TEXAN just plain admires your style.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets put this a-hole in a pair of BDU's give him a camera & send his sorry * to cover the military action (when it comes) up close. As others have said he would need a big supply of diapers to crap in!! Everyone puts there foot in mouth at one time or another so lets see how big a talker he is when someone is trying to shoot his * off.RG
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I whatched the show last night ,just to see how he`d respond,he turned about face, and kissed presidential *.What a pansy!
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 09-21-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He was on Bill O'Reilly's show tonight on FOX. He was backpedaling like a *. Claimed he didn't really say what everybody is trying to pin on him. Says a couple of "New York Shock Jocks" are trying to ruin him by taking his words out of context. Says he's "always backed the military and has the utmost respect for them." Just like his hero Bill Clinton, Maher is a lyin' sumbitch when ya corner him.
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    I had the same impression after watching him on "The Factor". Never could stand him or Dennis Miller!
  • Options
    redcedarsredcedars Member Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first and only time I watched this numbnuts' show he was disrespectful and insulting to guest Charlton Heston, and said the Second Amendment was obsolete among other complete nonsense. He displayed appalling ignorance of our country's history. It is his privilege to say whatever he thinks, but he is just an ignorant fool with delusions of intelligence and zero credibility. I'm not surprised he said something this vile and stupid, but I am continually amazed anyone is paying any attention to him at all.He has been sucking around for public chastisement for a long time, and finally has managed to manifest his stupidity on a large enough scale to get it. redcedars
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    I've never heard of the guy..The only reason I read this, I thought we were going to bash Saxon......LOL
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perfect example of making big bucks with a small I.Q.