In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cutaneous Anthrax-is there Dr. in the house-no B.S.

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
I have seven bug bite type bites on my right arm that have just appeared. I also have a swollen lympnoid under my arm pit. There are no other areas that have been effected.Is anyone familiar with cutaneous anthrax as this appears to be the same symptoms?The only reason i can't identify it as Anthrax at this point is that there is no black spots in the center of the swollen areas yet.

Comments

• Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You've either got a rampant flea or get to the "DR QUICK". It's not worth taking the chance for.
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be spider bites, Alledan, but I'd go to the doctor if I were you!
  • Options
    cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree. if you are worried, go to your doctor.C
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Called the Dr. this morning. Of course he is not in! His stand in dr. says use neosporin and take an antihistamine and if it gets worse tomorrow i should see a doctor.At this point i can't help but to remember the old cure-all,take two aspirin and call me two weeks and we will see what we can do to that that axe out of your back. He He.
  • Options
    Andrew AdamsAndrew Adams Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Neosporin is a good idea. The antibiotics in the stuff are pretty potent, and Neomycin should kill anthrax. The stand in Dr. gave you good advice. There is an impression in the lay community that anything over the counter is weak, but in fact neosporin contains three very powerful antibiotics. That being said, Alledan probably does simply have some bug bites. Alledan, you did the right thing in calling your Dr.'s office, so do what he told you, and I'll lay money that your swelling and bites will be gone in a day or two.
    When you want to dial long distance...AT&T, .223, or Jeremiah 33.3?Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets