In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

veterans hunting in Maine

anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Say ... I was just wondering: Does Maine still not charge veterans for hunting licenses in their fair state?

If they do, do you have to be a Maine resident?

Maine is one beautiful state!

I'm moving from NB down to MA and I hear the hunting is not so great down there and there is no RIFLE season for deer in MA.

Ken

Comments

• Options
    Ronald J. SnowRonald J. Snow Member Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never knew of a free license for veterans; both my mother and father were WWII vets and they never got anything free from the State of Maine. Go to www.mefishwildlife.com and they list all the licenses, requirements, fees and general information there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yup, they sure did ... in the past anyway, I had veteran buddies who lived there and hunted with licenses for free. I mean legally they hunted.

Ken
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I am a veitnam vet,lived in Maine all my life,and they have Never given me a free one.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,279 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ma. is Massachusetts for god sake don't move there, they call gunowners witches and burn them at the stake. Move to Me. signed, smartass allen

"Not as deep as a well, or as wide as a church door, but it is enough."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, I do know what MA stands for ... but that where I gotta move. Is it really as bad as I'm hearing for hunting and shooting?

Right now I'm looking into the Mansfield area near Boston.

Ken