In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

adult air rifles

PyroPyro Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Does anyone have experience with "adult" air rifles? Favorites?

Comments

• Options
    PyroPyro Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    anyone have one ?
    not talking about the 400 on up ones, but the one that cost 100 to 200.
    I was at a friend's and had a gammo I think thats hopw its spelled
    and I was shocked [:0] we were popin turtles left and right out of his stocked pond.
    may need to get me one lot cheaper then 22's [:D] but cant replace them [}:)][:D]
  • Options
    festusfestus Member Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a RWS Mod. 48, shoots great. Have had no problems with it. Had it for 2 years.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an RWS model 45 very accurate and powerful.My wife thought I had gone crazy when I paid 180 dollar for an air rifle 20 years ago,but it was worth every cent.
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not sure what you'd consider an "adult" air rifle, but i have a Crossman 1377 (i think)target pistol. I replaced the grips with a stock and that thing is a $50, accurate blast to shoot. Cheap too.
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Had a rws; side cocking style what a gun. the .22 cal could pop a squirel without any problem. And talk about accurate. Gave the gun to my uncle who lives down state Pinkney area. He "had" a squirrel problem and fairly close neighbors,he is now the terror of the neighborhood! We tested the gun on paper, 1/2" groups at 40-50 yards using a vise, hard to beat that. Maybe this gun was exeptional but it sure did shoot.
    Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!
  • Options
    axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a few of em...great fun, and useful too. got one anschutz 2001 match rifle (super accurate), a beeman hw97 millenium in 20 cal, works great for small pest control or paper, even out to 40+ yards, an rws 45 in 22, and air arms tx200 in 177. this thing is a sweet little english made piece. finish and stock are as good as anything else in the safe, very accurate and a pleasure to shoot.
  • Options
    binderbinder Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am 48 and shoot a Beeman/Fienwerkbeau probably spelled wrong but with a Beeman 2-7 x scope it is one accurate piece. 1/4 inch groups 25 yards. It is same hole sometimes.
  • Options
    74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our gun club just purchased 7 of the RWS model 34 rifles for a youth program. They seem to be pretty good guns, lifetime warranty and wood stocks, not plastic. Going to sight them in tonight.
    "In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a really old Daisy, and it shoots just fine for plinking ... even cheaper than a .22! Four pumps and your all set!
    Ken