In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

selling firearms from Canada

ruger0_7ruger0_7 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Hi,I was hoping that someone would know if it would be possible for a US resident to purchase a firearm from a Canadian citizen.If so what are the requirements?

Chris Powell

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I would like to know also. I have never bought or sold a gun from outside the US and don't know a thing about it. I think it is legal as long as the gun is legal in the US and your state, and it is transferred through a US FFL in your state of residence.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure it can be done but the import paperwork will have to be done on this end, and there may be some export paperwork on the Canadian end.

I'm pretty sure that there are a couple members that are FFL's and do import/export work ... put up a post saying you need FFL help with buying a gun from Canada.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    First off...where is the Canadian and where is the american?...Is the Canadian living in the states, and does he/she have firearms?...or are you speaking of being in Canada and selling to a US in the US? or is the citizen of the US in Canada?....
    Here is one web site that might help..

http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/en/visitors/visitorqa.asp

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a couple long guns I wanted to sell while I was still in Canada ... what a hassle! And the bottom line: I waited until I moved back to the USA before completing the sale.[:)]