In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How Not to Hunt Deer

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
edited October 2005 in General Discussion
deer_hunter.jpg

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
[img]http://www.ice.gov/graphics/index.htm Report Suspected Violations of Immigration Laws, Call: 1-866-DHS-2-ICE.[/img]
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    stevegsteveg Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lost the deer and his lunch
  • Options
    shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    Looks like Joe's back yard, LOL!
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its a clever ruse.

The hunter has adulterated his sandwiches with sleeping pills.

Now he is going to "get" the deer without firing a single shot!
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'd hate to know how many deer have slipped up on my while i was sleeping. oh well, some things are better left unknown.

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Last year was a great hunt. I picked my spot because my buddy had been watching MR. BIG BUCK for a month. I went the opposit direction to not interrupt the trohpy of a lifetime. I found a nice place by the river, near a huge sage brush. SUnny and warm had a wonderful two hour nap woke up watched a herd of does and fawns cross the river, watched a 4x4 buck swim the river, and then old grandpa came sneakin by the river bank and I bagged me 5x7

It was truly a wonderful hunt and nap.[:D]
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Caption...
    Hunter "Just a little closer..."

"Better to carry a pistol and not need it than need a pistol and not have it." - Me

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/

EMCFRtn.jpgEMT.jpg
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last year I took day off, went to our land and got set up next to a bunch of trees that had been bulldozed into a pile. I sat my bow on my lap and shut my eyes for what seemed a few seconds, next thing I Knew I was woke up by somthing big running through the brush behind me, but couldnt see becouse of pile, sat there and then flying past me was a decent size 4-6pt, with what looked like a red healer chasing it. I had been asleep about 45min. got my stuff and went fishing. True story.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rugerniner,you sure that isnt you?[:D]

Formerly Rugster!

"Toujours Pret"
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    You all are laughing at that hunter for no reason. The facts as given to me are that hunter is in on the cutting edge of a new deer hunting season recently approved by the Vermont legislators.

Along with the modern firearm season, the black powder season, the handgun season, the bow season, the cross bow season, they have now set aside one week for the 12 in club season.

If you look closely at the picture you will notice the hunter is only pretending to be sleeping and is actually watching the deer out of the right corner of his right eye. And you will also notice the hunter has the requiste 12 inch club, concealed to the right of his fake rifle prop, and is preparing to deliver a killing blow to the deer.

So next time, don't be so quick to judge [:o)]

4lizad
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been known to have a little snooze while hunting, but I don't think I've missed anything that close or that big![:D]