In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Taliban

cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Ask them where Bin Laden is,Then nuke that site.If they say they don't know,Nuke the Talibancpermd

Comments

• Options
    gad38gad38 Member Posts: 179
    edited November -1
  • Options
    SP TigerSP Tiger Member Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have been *-footing around with that creep for way too long. Of course we don't know if he was involved, but if I was a betting man, my money would be on that he was the mastermind behind it. Also, my wife had heard that the Palestinians have let out schools and are celebrating in the streets. It's time to send them to hell.
    Better to have and not need, than need and not have.[This message has been edited by SP Tiger (edited 09-11-2001).]
  • Options
    biggregbiggreg Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree too much * footing around, its time to take the kid gloves off. Regardles if the Bin Ladin is involved in this or not he has done enough killing of Americans I heard he was hiding in Afgahnistan (sp?) Give the suspected host country 3 hours to give him up or wipe out their capital, no regrets, no remorse. Any country hiding terrorist should be shown what will happen. Still hiding him wipe out the next city. Knee jerk reaction, maybe. This is America da@n-it! Hunt them down, take them out along with the country hiding/supporting them.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree. But cruise missiles lobbed at random isn't going to solve the problem. The only way to stop terrorism is to make the price so terrible that they will always think twice before they commit it.You know, we havent ever been able to try out the neutron bomb on living human beings............???????
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I'm not in favor of killing their innocent civilians for pay-back of our innocent civilians.I AM in favor of appropriate killing. Lots of appropriate killing.
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Anything that runs is a Taliban, anything that doesn't run is a well discplined Taliban.
    You can run, but you'll just die tired!Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, RELOAD!
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
  • Options
    SP TigerSP Tiger Member Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he is "in hiding" as we so often hear, then why is there constantly new footage of him being shown? The latest footage I have seen was taken of him at his son's wedding this summer. A thirty-cent bullet five years ago would have saved a lot of lives and millions of dollars in damage.Anything less than his head impaled on a stick isn't enough.
    Better to have and not need, than need and not have.
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Innocents are always the victim of war. War was declared on the U.S. this morning and innocents were the first to pay the price. These are our people, our citizens, our childern, our brothers, our sisters, our friends, our family.There were people celebrating in the streets of Palestine today. There were, of course, people in Palestine who were horrified by their fellows... But horror does not make one innocent! Actions, not words, are the mark of the innocent. So far I see no actions... And there is such a thing as guilt by association.Others have made reference to the color of skin, the type of clothing, or the ability to speak english. I make no such references. I can only say that every man, woman, and child that celebrated the death of our people should be put to the same fate. No mercy, no second thoughts! We can't afford it and they don't deserve it.It is of no matter whether we are loved or hated by the rest of the world. What matters is that we are respected as a people and feared for what we can and will do if crossed. Further, it matters that we as a people are known to keep our word at any cost. Lastly, it has to be realized that the attack today was on Americans. Americans of every race, creed, and color died. When the U.S. responds to this attack it will be Americans that do the work. Neither color of skin, religion, nor political affiliation will matter.That innocents will die there can be no question. To believe anything else other than that their political and religious leaders are at fault is absurd. To allow our natural concerns for "innocents" to interfere with our destruction of those who would bring us harm is patently absurd.Say a quiet prayer for those who have passed on this day. Say another for those who must pass in the future because of the evil of others. Finally, say a prayer for the evil one's as their day must come soon and we must be those who bring it.May God have mercy on us and may he bless us in what we must do. That Yassar Arafat has decried this act of terrorism means nothing. The people he represents have endorsed it. Thus, Yassar and his people must pay. That the Afgans had nothing to do with the act... They hide terrorists and must now bear our wrath.
  • Options
    gurngurn Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Schwartzkopf is correct in saying that it is the innocent people's governments that are putting them in harm's way by accomodating terrorists. I think we can keep it to a minimum by bombing their camps and destroying the country's infrastructure. No roads, flights, communications, shipping.
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't care who gets in the way. If you support Binladen, too bad, for you. We should start with that greasy sob then move on to Libya and khadafi, next wipe Saddam off the planet. If anyone else starts whimpering, send some there way. The United States has pussyfooted around trying to make everyone happy for too long. Its time we took care of our national interests and made a difference. We gave the raiders of the lost camels their oil riches, we should now show them we can take it away. This BS should prove that we need a military base in the middle east, one that extends from somewhere in Egypt to somewhere just north of Jordan. No fly zones my @$$. No Turban zones........ Ghotie Thumper.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is another vote for not becoming them by killing their civilians. The Taliban is a gang of rogue revolutionaries who took over Afganistan from a Pakistani base. They are a gang of rogues suported by the CIA during the Russian/Afgani "conflict." Also let us not forget that Ben Ladin was recruited and trained by the CIA and sent in to Afganistan. Trained by us, he knows our intelligence methods. Remember too, that Afganistan has been invaded by almost everyone since Gengis Khan, and no one yet has made it stick. These are people we would admire under other circumstances, and if they were not ruled by the Taliban. No nucs, let's just take Ben Ladin and remove the Taliban and give the country back to the Afganis. Oh, and there are a few other countries where that would be appropriate. Lybia, Syria, and maybe Pakistan for a start. We should also kick the Israelis off the west bank. Fanatic zionism is quite as dangerous as the Sheite Jihad
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He dog...Interesting post. I'm not sure I agree with it but I'm also not sure I disagree either. If it weren't for the oil I'm sure the middle east would be a great place for nuclear testing. Beach
  • Options
    llamas1llamas1 Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Terrorism can't be completly eliminated. Theres not much you can do when a guy is willing to kill himself in order to complete his mission. However you can eliminate the leaders who inspire these people. Bin Laden for example. Without him or those like him these small groups will be less dangerous until another nut rises from the sand and leads others to do the same. In that case we take him out. And so on and so on.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We are all hurting and angry Ghotie, but bigotry will not help.
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure it's time to pop off a nuke, but it sure as hell is time to start quietly having the CIA going around and killing people we know are involved with this. Ex-girlfriend of mine works for the FBI, and she told me how members of the Hamas are living right close by here. They're part of the political arm or whatever, and have yet to do anything illegal. Well you know what, those are the kind of people I'm talking about. You kill them, you kill the other members in other countries, and you keep killing. Anybody who decides to join with them or even associate themselves with them winds up with a bullet it the head. Target all the people who do the killing, and all the people who raise funds for the killers. Start targetting people in the USA who defend and speak well of the terrorist groups. It's illegal, against the Constitution, a horrifying practice for a freedom loving country like the USA to engage in, and totally effective. If we'd been doing this for years, we wouldn't have this problem now.And quite honestly, if we decide to take out bin laden's camp in Afghanistan with a nuke, I really wouldn't have any problem with that. Let them know just who the hell they're dealing with and how far we will go.
  • Options
    rgrjit8rgrjit8 Member Posts: 109 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, we're gonna get those who harbor terrorists.Now how about the countries who finance them? http://www.robertscheer.com/1_natcolumn/01_columns/052201.htm Bush gave them 43 million to help the so-called war on drugs. How do you really think the money was spent?This article has disappeared from the LA Times site where I originally saw it.Will the above site last long?It's time for people to wake up to the fact that the War on Drugs and the War on the Second Amendment are two sides of the same coin: The War on Personal Liberty.
  • Options
    ravenrobravenrob Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The US government has a list of known terrorist organizations. Start with the "A"s and work through "Z" and eliminate them. Regardless of their involvement in these latest attacks. I don't think missiles and mass bombings are the answer, but if these terrorists start to quietly disappear one by one, without a trace,they wouldn't become martyrs and the world would be a safer place.
  • Options
    mjmandalamjmandala Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I know is that those responsible for the attacks better bunker down. As soon as the U.S. figures out for sure who is responsible, and those who helped them, the wrath of our large military complex is sure to systemically retaliate.Our Government needs to fortify our Boarders and Ports of Entries. The persons who carried out these attacks entered into the United States when they should have been arrested. When aliens make application for admission into the United States the LAW states the alien must prove his intentions and admissibility into the United States.Immigration and Nationality Act Sec. 291. [8 United States Code 1361] -"Whenever any person makes application for a visa or any other document required for entry, or makes application for admission, or otherwise attempts to enter the United States, the burden of proof shall be upon such person to establish that he is eligible to receive such visa or such document, or is not inadmissible under any provision of this Act, and, if an alien, that he is entitled to the nonimmigrant; immigrant, special immigrant, immediate relative, or refugee status claimed, as the case may be. If such person fails to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer that he is eligible to receive a visa or other document required for entry, no visa or other document required for entry shall be issued to such person, nor shall such person be admitted to the United States unless he establishes to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that he is not inadmissible under any provision of this Act . . . ."Unfortunately, the burden of proof has shifted to the Immigration Inspector. It is the Inspector who now needs to prove the alien is not eligible to enter the United States. This is not the way the Immigration Law is set up. This shift of responsibility is probably due to International Commerce and Political Correctness. Those seeking entry into the United States must prove their intentions for coming here, and if they can't, the Immigration Inspector must be able to easily send them back to where they came from.I know this immigration thing is a small piece of the puzzle. But I truly believe those who carried out the attacks would have not have been admitted into our country if the INS was allowed to carry out the Law. Please think about this and write your Congressperson. We need to return the burden of proof on those seeking admission into our Country. Please do not blame the INS for allowing these people into our County.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    One thing never mentioned is the fact that there is never any effort to counter the extreme deception the religious leaders use to motivate the suicide bombers. It is so ignorant for those bombers to give their lives on the phony promise of their mullahs that the instant they die, they will be transported to Allah Land where they will receive great rewards and everything they have ever wanted for ever. We need to find a way to counter that, and there are ways. Otherwise, they just have an endless supply of suicide bombers working for them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Remember that they have been hearing it since the moment they were born. When you only ever hear one thing from one side it is difficult to believe any other side exists. There may indeed be a near endless supply of fanatics willing to die in the Jihad.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He Dog -There is not an endless supply of potential suicide bombers. There is an absolute, finite number. And the people celebrating in the streets of Gaza, Pakistan and wherever else over the deaths of our brothers must be made to understand that we can and will reduce that number to zero by any means necessary. Quickly. Unequivocably.
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has been suggested if we decide to take out bin laden's camp in Afghanistan with a nuke ... or the capital of every country where he has operatives.Seems like I saw a list of countries in this category ... England was on it, so was France ... so was Dallas-Fort Worth and Santa Clara KA ... sounds like the solution is too nasty and radical.Why let the bad guys start WWIII as easily as that? Especially when you KNOW that no one will will!
    Ken
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    no one will win!It's getting late, I've got to pray and get some sleep.
    Ken