In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Friends of NRA Dinner and Auction

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,010 ******
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
On a lighter note, the Friends of the NRA dinner and auction for Hunt County, Texas was held last evening.It was great! Raised lots of money for firearm education programs. I spent about $500 and felt like a piker next to some of those other guys.If you get a chance to go to one of these functions, by all means GO. At the very least you will get a good meal and some entertainment.
Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Egotistical Rogue, Evil, Dangerous Racist Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!

Comments

• Options
    ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I try to save up $1000 or so to atend the Rockey mtn elk, DU and NRA banquet's every year, it's a great time and the money goes for a good cause. Last year my friend won a Remington 700 .308, and i took home a nice print. Not bad for $100 worth of raffle tickets
    Ruger-Remington-RULE THE ROOST
  • Options
    M.OpaliskiM.Opaliski Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree, the NRA dinners that are held here in the First State all always enjoyable. 2,500 or so like minded people in the same place make for a pleasant evening and steady conversation.
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast
  • Options
    scksck Member Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dear Folks: I went to the local NRA banquet for about 4 years. It ticked me off a little that the guy running the thing used a blind post office box for his address. In fact, at first I thought it was just a hoax to get gun people to reveal their addresses. Well, I got over that and went, but the second year I began to have some bad feelings. There were fewer people there than the year before and I bought a boat load more tickets, but didn't get picked for anything. The third year I became even more suspicious when some woman won three or four things and the last time they handed her the item she blurted out she was so embarrased since she hadn't bought any tickets! Well, I went the fourth year and payed more attention. Yes, even fewer people present and all the prizes went to the same people who just coincidently happened to be the winners from the previous three years. I will not go again. Regards -- Steve
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's too bad you had a bad experence, but I can sure see your point. We have always had a good one here but it got to be to much work for the few. I'm on the road so I'm not much help to any club. Give another one a try in a different town. We need all the help we can get, If it wern't for the NRA the 2nd ammendment would already be gone.