In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Operation Anaconda..................uh oh

Hans GrueberHans Grueber Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
It looks like this new offensive is off to a bad start. I hope it will turn around for our boys. After seeing this I wonder just how many casulties the US is gonna end up with after this "war". I might be jumping the gun but it looks like another Vietnam to me.

Comments

• Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't seen the news in a few days...enlighten me?
    Stand And Be Counted
  • Options
    cowboy62cowboy62 Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    8 or 9 US trrops killed as of monday.Cowboy
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't panic yet. We got some real men at the helm (not Kennedy or Johnson). This could very well be the last gasp for the Taliban. We could have been waiting for the whole rats nest to fill up before destroying it. Some of the people we have been looking for might turn up dead corpses this time. Say a little prayer for the boys tonight and hope it is so.
  • Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NoUnderClassLeaderEscapesAmerica'sReachJust a thought that popped into my head when I thought about the comment above 'waiting for the whole rats nest to fill up before destroying it'.
  • Options
    Captain 241Captain 241 Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good one rob. I agree. Prayers for our Men in uniform
    If you need a Second Shot, YOU NEED MORE PRACTICE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sax., Ditto. The only problem is, I think we as a nation are a bunch of panzies, a lot of talk, and no action. A lot of people seem to be more than willing to SEND IN THE TROOPS, but most are not willing to be one of them, or let one of their family members be one of them. You are absoloutely correct, Americans will only support a war that uses bombs, when it comes to troops, they balk at the idea. I have a personal problem with the idea of sending in troops also, and the reason is simple. The media and the people that feed the media info. wont keep their darn mouths shut. The war should be reported on only when significant develpments arise, a great loss or win, and its no ones business what else is going on, you will find out when its over. That is only to protect my friends, fellow soldiers, and self. I hate seeing all the details of the war on TV, its not good security, my opinion. I would be pissed to find out my position was jeapordized due to the nightly news.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too, wish that no allied G.I. had to die, BUT...IMHO, each death on the battlefield translates into many lives saved at home. This is why I consider each person who is killed in battle, a hero.Too bad the politicians want to keep those of us not in uniform, from defending ourselves.Mudge the respectful
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    Homer J SimpsonHomer J Simpson Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, someone is using my name and password. I'm going to delete and contact admin.[This message has been edited by Homer J Simpson (edited 03-06-2002).]
  • Options
    RUGERNUT3RUGERNUT3 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Robs is rught..again. You must remember.In Nam we NEVER lost an operations battle.....the hippies, politicians, and media lost the war though. Bless our guys,I just hope their country, family, and friends will understand the change in them when they return. A lot of "boys" are turning into men over there. One death is too many, but this has to be done...and RIGHT this time...not as before........
    "ANY" EXCUSE IS A GOOD REASON TO BUY "JUST 1 MORE".& VICIE-VERSIE!
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anaconda is going great! So we lost 8 or 9 warriors so far. Initial reports have shown somewhere between 200 and 500 Arab casualties. When you are in the attack and have an approximate 50 to 1 KIA ratio that is a grand victory. As long as we look at it as such I don't see a problem. After the Taliban executed the SEAL who was knocked out of the helo I'm not expecting a lot of Taliban POW's this time around. I do expect to see some Taliban "killed while trying to escape." Pay back can be a most difficult proposition. BeachP.S. The way to keep the populace happy is to remind them that we are in the middle of a tremendous victory at very little cost. It's the liberals and softies that think the loss of nine soldiers is a terrible terribele thing. Warriors know better....."When you take the king's shilling you take the king's chances." Our men died doing what they were paid and trained to do... and they are still doing it over there better than the bad guys. Beach[This message has been edited by beachmaster73 (edited 03-06-2002).]
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you heard that the Al Cada took one of our soldiers captive, from the Chopper, beat him and killed him? If that is true what do any of you suggest we do to the bleeding hearts that are crying about the detainees a Gontonimo bay?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    About the Cuban camp, I dont believe in torture. Kill them all if you like, although I dont suggest it, but not torture, its just not right. I dont go for the eye for an eye thing anymore, just kill your enemy. I really dont understand why they are getting treated well at all, though. They technically arent actually POW's, since we didnt actually declare war. I dont see as the Geneva Convention applies in their case, so we should be able to just treat them in any manner. Like I said, I dont believe in torture, but they sure would serve as one heck of an example as to what other people who do belive in torture will do if any more torture to our servicemen or reporters occurs. Dont we have any medicine in the testing stages that needs human tests done? Sounds a little like Hitler doesnt it? I could get pretty creative if you let me. I've only had 4 hours sleep in the past 36, I better not get started.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rob; I don't think any one want's our people to torture the prisoners in Cuba. But cut their hair, take the dipers from their heads and tell the international red cross to take a hike. Our prisoners have it better than they ever had it.I just don't see all this concern for everyone else and not our own.