In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Concealed Carry or Not??

pat1pat1 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
Hi All...I live in the Great State of Kentucky, I was just wondering if I should get my CCW Permit or not. Let me know your thoughts!!!!! Thanks!!!!......

Comments

• Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes. Absolutely.
  • Options
    DaRoostaDaRoosta Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you've even thought about it, you should go through the short process and obtain your CCW. Just because you have your permit doesn't mean you have to carry; it just means you can...and do it legally.
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Definitely. Wish I could get one here in Kalifornia...
    I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltare
  • Options
    Andrew AdamsAndrew Adams Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even though some school regulations prevent me from carrying all the time, I most definitely have the CCW in my wallet at all times. You should get one whether you plan or are able to carry every day or not.
    When you want to dial long distance...AT&T, .223, or Jeremiah 33.3?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would think you might consider whether you feel there is a need to carry concealed before you decide to obtain a permit. There is no point in having the permit just to have it, but if there are times when you feel you need to carry concealed, then it might be prudent. The need and the laws vary from place to place. In New Mexico it is legal for residents to carry a firearm concealed in an automobile, which is considered an extension of your domicile. that is usually enough for me. If I had to carry large amounts of cash or other valuables, then I would certainly do it. I have very rarely felt I needed to carry concealed in any area of any city I have ever been in, but I usually carry a pistol when traveling by auto or when camping.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pat1....By all means, get it. The following states also recognize your KY CCW.AZ-AR-FL-GA-ID-IN-LA-MI-MS-MT-TN-TX-UT-WV-VT-WY.Not too shabby.I hope your next question to the BB wil be:What's the BEST carry gun for me. That'll get you about 8 million replies.When you get your carry permit, CARRY!!!Mudge
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    There are currently 28 states that honor the CCW.....I have one [CCW] and I think everyone should have one....The more people with CCW's the harder for the gun evil-doers to take them away...IMHOI forgot to mention, that the place that I work..I have talked 4 others into going after their CHL license.....Right now there is a run on the licenses....[This message has been edited by Bubba Joel (edited 10-18-2001).]
  • Options
    Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get it whether you need it or not because if they ever decide to stop issueing them you'll at least have yours.There is no good reason NOT to get a carry permit,having one at least gives you the option to carry legally,Josey
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get one whether you need it or not.Josey is right.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Follow the Nike rule......Just Do It!
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'M WITH THE REST GET IT NOW,JUST SO IF THEY DECIDE NOT TO ISSUE ANYMORE YOULL BE GRANDFATHERED.YOU CAN CARRY HERE IN TN ALSO
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • Options
    pat1pat1 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANKS ALL!!! I belive you talked me into it
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes: The crime rate goes down in the states that issue them. And the irritates the liberals. If they ask why, just tell them"Because I Can"