In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just had to share this with all of you

beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Yesterday afternoon I took 7 of my cadets out to a very well known and somewhat snooty shooting range for 600 yard practice. Most of the shooters out there are Masters and High Masters and not afraid to flaunt their status in front of newbies. There my kids were with some match M1s and everyone else out there had exotic space guns and bolt match rifles or police tactical rifles. Well to make the long story short they didn't set any records or shoot any spectacular scores, but they shot well and consistently; especially one of my 14 year old freshmen...and afterwards a member of the US Palma Team came up to me and said, "Damn, you've got some serious young shooters there!' I felt really proud as they walked off the range with their M1s....What was really neat was that before the match the match director had told me that if they hit any berm shots the kids would be yanked off the firing line....he came up and just said, "your kids can come back anytime." Anyway I just wanted to share it because I felt so good and also to encourage any of you who aren't doing it yet to get into youth coaching if you want to make a serious impact in some young people's lives. Many CMP clubs don't have a Youth Program just because they can't find anyone willing to devote a couple of hours a week to the kids. Beach

Comments

• Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beach,Very proud of you and the kids.A good instructor, Good kids, And match M-I makes for a very strong triad.Maybe some day some of those kids will wear the Trident,Thanks to you.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have a right to stick out your chest and be proud, Beach! Guys like you impress the heck out of me with your patience. The four of my own are enough for me at this point! Sounds like a great group of young folks as well!
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beach, I'm sure they are good kids, but I would be the first to assert that their coach is the biggest element in their success. Well done, Sir!! And amigo, I don't call many people "Sir" with respect.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A great big Bravo Zulu to you Beach.

PC=BS
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great job, you have every right as well as the youngsters to be proud.
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    BTT

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    beach:

Vicarious is better than varicose.

Keep moving and you'll never die. And what better way to keep at it than to do what you do. Well done friend.

Clouder..
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I dont care what everyone else says about you. Your a Good Man Beach.
  • Options
    skipjackoneskipjackone Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beach,
    Outstanding.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Good work Beach. You and the kids have my respect!

Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    texshootertexshooter Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Outstanding . Keep up the GOOD work.

texshooter
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beach, you should be proud of these fine young shooters. My hat is off to you and others that invest your time for the shooting sports. We need more like you and your team....keep up the good work!

P.S. (If you equip them with M44's, bet they could really clear a forest in short order )
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great Beach!

Even more kudos for introducing the next generation of shooters to saftey and to carry on the fight.

NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beachmaster,

Congratulations to you and your cadets. You have every right to be proud of them and yourself.

KC
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on a Job well done. This world needs more people like you Beach! OTO

KIMBER: Pistol du jour
  • Options
    dobieman0690dobieman0690 Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what a great guy taking time to introduce new blood to shooting we should all take a lesson from him we can make a difference if we just try
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,700 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you Beach, Wish you were closer, I let you teach my sons a thing or two....and me too for that matter...
  • Options
    Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beach
    You have every right to be proud of yourself and your young learners.
    Creating intrest in the safe use of guns should be on most of our minds, as you can bet your bottem they are not going to get that quality leadership taught to them in school. Who knows maybe down the road the very same young people you found some of your time to show and tell, make make the difference on a future battlefield, or firefight. Thats what I call giving back. an admireable action on your part. Sorry to say I have not passed along, except to children and grandchildren, and the children of a few close friends.