In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gun control liars

thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
In yesterday's Boston Globe, there was a letter to the editor poking fun at people who are taking firearm safety courses. These courses are necessary in Massachusetts for anyone to obtain an FID or Licence to Carry. Either an FID or LTC is necessary to purchase ammo or guns, or own them. So although my state has not had the large increase in gun sales, the course enrollment is up 50%.What is amazing to me is that antis always say gun control is about safety. If it was about safety, why the need to chide people for taking a gun SAFETY course? I was glad that the writer exposed the gun-controllers true agenda and it isn't safety.
The definition of an "expert":An "X" is an unknown quantity and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always find it interesting that a state deems a "safety" course necessary to carry and sometimes own a firearm. When the state gives you the course, they deem you "safe' to own or carry. I just went hunting with a guy that the "state" deemed safe to go hunting, by passing him through the mandatory hunter safety course. Well this hunter pointed his gun several times at the house,continually put the safety in the off position to load his firearm and while handling the gun, and almost blew himself up when he plugged the barrel.Yep. State says hes Ok, then hes ok. The state knows best.