In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ithaca Turkey Retro Kit

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited April 2003 in General Discussion
I just got a call from my favorite ladies--the apartment managers. They told me that a UPS shipment arrived and the return address says "I.G.C. LLC" and the only shipment I'm expecting is my retro kit from Ithaca Gun Company, LLC. Can't wait to get home and rip that package open.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got mine today-they sent it to two different wrong addresses before it finally found its way to mee. Looks pretty nice-the rear sight was broken-I called and they said they would send me a new one. Watch the choke tube-it was on so tight, I thought it was fixed on the barrel-Ithaca said it can be removed-I had to put a pair of pliers on it to get it off.

"It is important, that the habits of thinking in a free country should inspire caution in those entrusted with its administration, to confine themselves within their constitutional spheres, avoiding in the exercise of the powers of one department to encroach upon another. The spirit of encroachment tends to consolidate the powers of all the departments into one, and thus to create, whatever the form of government, a real despotism.."
    -George Washington
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe they got their stuff straigt. I've talked with them five times in the last two weeks and every time I talked with them I mentioned a gentleman (you salzo) from Gunbroker.com's message boards who has had one ordered for darn near two months. You should have heard the alleged "surprise" in their voice. They never were able to give me a straight answer on when it was supposed to be shipped. It came as kind of a surprise to me.
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, i have to go to the UPS depot and pick mine up tuesday , they would'nt leave it here without a signature to recieve it. It's about damn time!!![:(!]

member; DUCKS UNLIMITED,AGA, ............R.S.A. KULP..................OHIO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For $219.00 shipped all I have to say is "SWEEEEEEEEEEET" considering that the standard price for a new barrel alone exceeds that. Now what do I do with the spare forend, barrel and stock? I guess I'll have to ask Ithica if they wouldn't mind shipping a plain-jane receiver to my dealer. You just can't have spare parts laying around doing nothing [:D] It just wouldn't be fair.
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a rifled-slug barrel from Hastings a few years ago for my 37, it is the most accurate shotgun ive ever owned, Then i bought the rifled shot barrel "WAD-LOCK" from Hastings also. I got so much money wrapped up in this gun it isnt funny! But i would'nt trade it for any-other. I've owned alot of other brands but the 37 will always be MY favorite!..............just my 2,

member; DUCKS UNLIMITED,AGA, ............R.S.A. KULP..................OHIO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I tried getting mine all together. The slide handle was bent a bit at the end, and had a little bur, preventing the slide from connecting at the loading port. I straightened it out, and filed the burr down, and was able to get the slide in, but the action is WAYYYYYYY too tight-its scratching up my magazine tube when I work the action-which I almost have to do with two hands.
    Is there a quick fix to this dilemma-or am I making a trip to the gunsmith?
    I guess I might be able to use it NEXT gobbler season.

"It is important, that the habits of thinking in a free country should inspire caution in those entrusted with its administration, to confine themselves within their constitutional spheres, avoiding in the exercise of the powers of one department to encroach upon another. The spirit of encroachment tends to consolidate the powers of all the departments into one, and thus to create, whatever the form of government, a real despotism.."
    -George Washington
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Heck, I'd call Ithaca and gripe but look where it's gotten you this far. No, I believe in the principle of the matter. If you advertise something then you ought to stand behind it no matter how good of a deal it is. I'd give Ithaca an earfull before I spent another dime on it. It's funny, they make such good products too. It somehow surprises me that this has been nothing but a headache for you. I just got home from work and it's late so I haven't messed around with mine yet. I'll probably get to it on Saturday before I go out to burn copious amounts of ammunition.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I tried to remove the slide handle this morning. Slide pin is not moving.
    I think something is wrong
    with the slide guys, be careful when you put it together. I take my existing slide off when I clean my gun, so I cant imagine that I errored. I think this whole process might have dome some damage to the gun.
    I am really pissed.

-George Washington