In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I found it!

kidsgunkidsgun Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
For those of us that buy incomplete or damaged rifles, here's a story! I purchased a Hamilton boy's rifle about 5 years ago with a damaged bolt for a very good price thinking that I would just locate a bolt replacement. Well, wouldn't you know that I posted and posted and posted a need to buy one, but never got a response. Last weekend, I was at a small gun show and found a kindly old gentleman with a box full of "stuff" for $5.00 each. I dug around in it and found a small bolt that looked rather familiar. I asked him and he told me it was a Winchester. Of course, without a mark on it, I had my doubts so I spent the $5.00 and got home as fast as I could, ran to the basement, opened the safe, grabbed the lonely and otherwise inoperable Hamilton, removed the old bolt, compared it with my find, inserted the new one, check it for operation, went to the barn, loaded it with a CB cap and.....BANG! I'm in business! What are the odds? Thanks for listening. I'm a happy Kidsgunner!

Comments