In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ohio Gun rights: this is just poetic!

cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
"There is no doubt that the very thought a potential victim might possess a firearm deters that element of our society that cares nothing about laws or human life but rather understands only one thing -- brute force," Hamilton County Judge Robert Ruehlman wrote. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,42654,00.html

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    cpileri- I just read several articles about the ruling. This judge is a real pistol!! Is this ruling only binding on Hamilton county, or is it binding on the entire state of OHIO.
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing like good news. Of course the anti gun schmuks will appeal the ruling.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Saxon- I heard objections, but they were based on the fact that his wife and child were mugged, and his wifesaid something pro gun.I read that this judge through out one of those city suing the gun industry lawsuits. When he threw it out, he said something to the effect "guns dont kill people, people kill people"
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    Mom MomMom Mom Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An appeals court has already issued an injunction ( i think thats what it is) against the ruling. The case will be heard before an appeals judge in a few weeks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just read that it was a ruling that was ONLY BINDING ON HAMILTON COUNTY, and not on the entire state of Ohio. It has been bumped to the next court, and I suppose if it makes it to the OHIO supreme court, it will then be binding on the entire state. However, one who favors gun rights should be dismayed by the fact that a superior court put an injunction on the ruling so quickly.
    Happiness is a warm gun