In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Swbbo just called

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
They are at the hotel, it's pretty new, has a pool and a whirlpool, no cockroaches, and is 15 miles from the show!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    What did she say about computer hookups in the room?

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    She didn't say but she did say Punchie forgot the patch cord for the camera so unless they find one some where they won't be able to post any pics!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Pa,

We are bringing a laptop and a digital camera.

Also need to know if you're going to be on channel 5 or whatever?

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    I'm jealous!
    You guys are gonna have some kinda fun.
    Several of my favorite members all at the same place,
    sure hope you survive (each other)! [:D]
    edited November -1
    Charlie: The walkie talkies will be on 5, who did you say was gonna give us a laptop?!!![:0][:D]

Jerry: If ya jumped a plane tonight you could be there in a few hours!!![^]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Geez Pa,

Ya sound like you're as lonesome as I am sometimes. [:)][:)][:)]

vic.jpg

Charlie

• outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Might not live through it,
    did SWWBO say anything about an obscene phone call today? [:D]
    edited November -1
    We will have the cell phones on as well! The walkie talkie channels will probaly be real busy!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Pa,

Stand by for a test call on the walkie talkie..........OK, I'm calling ya, do ya hear me?

vic.jpg

Charlie

• punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    As far as the computer hook up. ...If you are reading this it works...dialup only.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
    edited November -1
    Steve,

Got it!! Now, we'll see what I can forget.......LOL.

vic.jpg

Charlie

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sorry to bust in on your conversation, but I keep seeing stuff about this get together in Harrisburg and I'm intrigued.
    Is this something you all decided to do amoung yourselfves or how did this all come about? You are speaking of Harrisburg, PA aren't you?

I don't mean to intrude on your topic, but I am interested.
    Thanks all
    Jay

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Jay,

Five couples from GB are meeting at the Harrisburg, PA "Outdoor Sports Show tomorrow. We are all staying at the same motel. On Saturday two more couples are meeting us at Cabelas in Hamburg.

Come on down!!!

vic.jpg

Charlie

• ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I book my room I thought I saw in the advertisement that they had modem hookups in the rooms.
    I'm ready to go !!!!!!

<P> To each his own
    Craig Brosius
    edited November -1
    Charlie,

Thanks very much. I understand now, that is what I sorta figured, but wasn't sure. I really like this site everyone seems very nice and it's pretty obvious the few that aren't.
    The invite is very appealing, but I wouldn't be able to do that this coming weekend with this short of notice. I believe harrisburg would be a 7 or 8 hour trip for me. Gettysburg was a long haul and Harrisburg is past that right..??
    Anyways thanks again for the information and I hope I will be able to do something similar sometime. You guys talking about your gun broker hats and pins had me thinking I should be paying dues or something. LOL
    best regards
    Jay

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    suspension, I don't know where you are but H'Burg is about 5-6 hours from me and I'm going to make it! What's another couple hours to be among friends? Welcome to the forum and if you have second thoughts and want to join us, come on up! GHD
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    punchie and swwbo, MAKE SURE AND CHECK TO SEE IF THE MOTEL CHARGES FOR INTERNET HOOK-UP!!!! I was in one of the no-name hotels down around Shippensburg a couple weeks ago and when I got my bill it had 23.46 for the phone on it! I hooked up with a local toll free number to boot! It only took a little bit of my "pissed off southern guy" tirade to make the towelhead apologize and delete the charges!!! How the hell can they charge for local calls? GHD
    edited November -1
    groundhog devastation, now you just gotta own a 6mm with a user name like that!! lol
    I'd be coming from Bolivar, Ohio which is about an hour south of Cleveland. I wouldn't mind the drive, but we already have plans this coming weekend. A month ago when I got my new American Hunter I saw where the NRA exhibite was going to be in Harrisburg this weekend and thought I should make plans to go see it. Now look what I'm missing out on..
    Thanks anyway.
    Is anyone making the trip to Cambridge Ohio on August 7th for the Deerassic Classic Giveaway?

take care and be safe driving, that goes for everyone.
    Jay

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    PA- Sorry I didnt get my number to you. I dont even know where the phone is but Ill find it before tomorrow. Ill call you when I get to cabelas.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man