In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Harrisburg Show get together Roster

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Any body that wants to hook up with us before we go to the show, meet us at the Country Inn by 9:30 Am Friday morning and we can car pool in together.

Otherwise call one of us on the cell phone's and we will try to find ya at the show! Email me if ya need our cell phone#. Same goes Sat for Cabella's.

If your going for sure attach your names to this post so we know who to expect! This will help me decide if I need to wear my body armor or not!![^]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this the Harrisburg Show get together Roster?
    Why do you even want a Rooster? [:D] [:D] [8D]
    0028-0401-1606-3739_SM.jpg

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Pa,

It is unlikely that Mrs (back seat driver) njretcop and I will be there by 9:30am. We are 3 hours away and I cannot get her moving at 6:00am. [xx(]

We will probably use plan B and call you guys at the show. I expect that we will arrive around, or shortly after 10:00am, unless I use the siren. [:D]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    GHD and Wendy ought to get to the show around 12-1:00PM. We'll call the cell number when we are close. GHD
  • ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll meet you at the motel by 9:30

<P> To each his own
    Craig Brosius
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll be in the Lobby looking for coffee
    edited November -1
    Karen,

Shoulda got the classy room like us, we're gonna have in-room coffee.

Course they didn't say whose room it's in, maybe Pa's, LOL. Then we can see em shorts in person........AAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So far it is a go for the Nutty family, will know for sure Friday night. If I go I will have the entire clan so look for a cranky redhead wanting to leave, a goofy boy wanting to buy a boat, a teenage * a leash and me carrying a baby looking like I am on LSD[:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    DANG!

Mrs njretcop just told me I gotta take a bath and get my haircut before we go to Harrisburg [V][V] In the middle of winter, I'll catch my death without hair and a good layer of dirt.

Anybody else gonna do it? I know Pa won't, haha.

vic.jpg

Charlie

• gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Gunpaqs should be down there by mid to late afternoon. We are bringing our bathing suits for the pool if there is one at the Country Inn[8D].

How about everyone meeting for a meal out somewhere, Friday dinner or Sataurday breakfast/brunch[?]

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    How about Friday for dinner and breakfast for Saturday!!!

Cracker barrel on Saturday, where we gonna eat Friday night!!! Hooters!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Tim you know what I said about Hooters!!!

Charlie, Our room as a coffee pot too but hell it just does brew two cups of coffee.. Besides I have a thing about drinking out of plastic cups..and powder milk.. I want the real stuff. I always bring cups and buy milk for the hotel room coffee.. Wait until yall see the cup Stephen drinks coffee from.. You'll understand..
    edited November -1
    Karen,

I too, am a coffee-holic, and will be bringing Dunkin Donuts coffee and mugs, and real milk. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

vic.jpg

Charlie

edited November -1
    Ill be expecting some black coffee as well!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    There is an echo in here!!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Might be interested in a trade Pa. Ya know, coffee for a KaBar....hint hint....[^][^]

vic.jpg

Charlie

edited November -1
    Thats all I can get out of a good KAbar is a cup of coffee???[^]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    No sir Pa,

Why, I'm even willing to give ya the shirt shorts off my back for one of em knifes. [;)]

vic.jpg

Charlie

edited November -1
    dunkin donut has some good coffee.. no standing dunkin donuts here anymore..
  • maboogermabooger Member Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey what about MA ??? [:D][:D] I don't like coffee -- who's bringing the Diet Pepsi ???

Charlie --- If I bring the Kabars will you & Pa quit threatening to take off your boxers [:0][B)][;)]

Where are we eating Friday night ?? -- no not Hooters !!
    edited November -1
    ^5 Chris on the hooters... Chris I always have diet drinks in the room
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I don't drink tose things........especially straight.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
    edited November -1
    there has to be an outback there.. love those fried mushrooms
    edited November -1
    Ma,

Mrs njretcop drinks caffine free Pepsi and never leaves home without it! I guess that doesn't help huh?

I'm gonna send you a photo of me without my shorts. Can't post it here, I'm too modest. [8)]

vic.jpg

Charlie

edited November -1
    Outback does sound good MMMMMMMM

Charlie- I go no where with out my diet Pepsi in my hand

No , No I won't look OK so which e-mail do I check[}:)][}:)]

Punchie --- I have Capt. Morgan don't worry [:D][:D]
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I am going to the gunshow on Saturday. I gotta figure out how to handle the woman.
    Anyone know what a woman and a one year old can do for a few hours in Harrisburg? Plan A is to go to Harrisburg by mysel.
    Plan B is to bring the wife and kid, have them drop me off and pick me up in a few hours.
    Plan C is to have the wife and kid come with me(I dont like plan C, so if anyone can suggest where I can send my wife for a few hours in Harrisburg, it would be appreciated).
    ALSO, I NEED DIRECTIONS FROM THE TURNPIKE!!!

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Salzo -- There's the outlet malls in Reading but that's probably farther than she's interested in going ,, not sure. I think the rest of us wives are staying at the show all day Friday & then ditching them after we see Cabellas Sat morning. So far the plan is to either meet at the hotel Fri AM or track each other down by cell at the show ,,, then dinner together Fri night. Cracker Barrel for breakfast Sat then Cabellas. Not sure what there is to do near Cabellas either.
    Don't know if this helps any. I plan on taking off & looking at things that interst me so she's welcome to tag along with me if she would like. Otherwise Plan A be might be better [;)][;)]

I found good directions on mapquest, was going to do them for you but couldn't remember you're starting point. the directions I posted originally were from I-81 ,, wouldn't help you much [B)][B)]

Hope this helps
    edited November -1
    Ma,

The Reading outlets are very near Cabelas! About 15-20 minutes away.

You girls can go there after breakfast at Cracker Barrel, or tour Cabelas first, before going there.

Sal, this Harrisburg show is not the Harrisburg gun show, but rather the Outdoor Sports Show. While there have been some guns there in years gone by, I understand there are less now. I believe that we are all coming from Harrisburg to Hamburg on Saturday morning to eat at Cracker Barrel and then go across the street to Cabelas.

I am not the tour director on this trip, LOL. My information may not be correct. We will have to wait until more of the people that are going are on-line to compare notes.

My cell phone is: 908 764-5805.

vic.jpg

Charlie

edited November -1
    Sal: I hear babysitting services are free at the show for Republicans, but the Democrats are snot out of luck!!! [:D][:p]

Seriously I hope ya can make it, would love to meet ya and thank ya in person for the turkey call!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Charlie-thanks for the clarification. That changes things for me. Im probably going to skip the "outdoor show" and go to Cabeleas instead.The wife likes going there, and we can hit the outlets afterwards. What time you all figuring on being at Cabelas?

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Right after we have breakfast at Cracker Barrel!!! Charlies buying!!!

Sal: whenever Charlie says, he knows when they open, but we do want to do breakfast first!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    PA- I dont know about breakfast, but Ill catch you guys in Cabelas. I cant really set a time because of the kid, but I figure I would be rolling in around 1100

-Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Ok Sal, do you have our cell phone numbers???

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    I found an Outback Steak house here's the location?? Does it sound like a good spot to meet for dinner!!! We can even call ahead and reserve tables!!

Directions
    PA turnpike exit 19. Go north on Rte. 283 to Rte. 83 north. Exit at Union Deposit Rd. Restaurant is 1/3 mile west on Union Deposit. From West Shore take Rte. 81 north to Rte. 83 south. Exit at Union Deposit Rd.

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    If Charlie is buying breakfast, I;m there.

<P> To each his own
    Craig Brosius
  • red dogred dog Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got home after spending 2 1/2 days in Harrisburg. Went over to Hershey & checked out the Chocklat deal & back to the show. It was
    pretty crowded each day after 12 oclock.There were very few guns there
    but lots of related items as well as some some not so related stuff,
    glue,cooking stuff and assorted junk.This was a very big show and would be very hard to see everything in one day.The food is pretty
    expensive and not very good.Bottled water $2.00, 16oz Bud. $5.00[:D].
    Traffic was pretty tough on the interstate because of accidents Mon.
    & Tue. There are sure a lot of oufitters there to book hunts with from Canada to Florida.I stayed at a Best Western about 7 miles from
    the show,got a mini suite that was real nice for 65.00 a nite.Hope all of the GB crowd enjoys it and ya,ll try to keep GHD from booking
    a expensive groundhog Safari.
    Travel safe Red Dog
    edited November -1
    Charlie:
    I can't find any RULES

<P> To each his own
    Craig Brosius
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:(!]Just checked the map and Harrisburg is about 1800 miles from here. guess I will just have to wish you all a fun get together and safe trips to all!

He Dog
    edited November -1
    Just received an email from Clair! He just booked a room at the Country Inn for Friday nite!!!

The list is growing!!!! Let's Party!!![:D]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    Tim: I will email you my cell phone number just in case.
    Would like to have yours too.

<P> To each his own
    Craig Brosius
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    PA, the Outback sounds like a good place to meet for dinner. Should put in a reservation if everyone else feels the same so we have a spot.

There is a Perkins less than a 1/4 mile from the motel also.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!