In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

why are you proud of usa?

n4thethrilln4thethrill Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
edited May 2002 in General Discussion
i would like to hear some reasons that you are proud to live in this great country USA

i think it is the best thing since sliced bread

you can be king or street sweeper but everyone is going to dance with the reaper

Comments

• Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love this country so much I wouldn't know where to start.
  • Options
    the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the ideals of this country make me cry and the attempts to uphold them make me proud...
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Lee Greenwood!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cindy Crawford!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ren and Stimpy!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bill O'Reilly!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    2nd Amendment!!
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My grandparents came here from the Netherlands in the early 1900's. My mother's father was a very small child at the time and his parents came with almost nothing in their pockets. Grandpa died a few years ago with an 8th grade education and 5 surviving children. He lived a simple life and never owned anything that ever cost him much. He was frugal and was very generous. He was a millionaire when he died and it blew my mind when I found out. Grandpa never lived the life of a millionaire. He found richness in helping others and giving. He was constantly giving. I could walk into his dining room and find letters laying around from missionaries all over the world thanking him for his contributions to their work. Grandpa is the reason why I love this country because he lived the American dream. He worked his knuckles to the bone from absolutely nothing. He was a living example of what a free man can accomplish in a free society. He was a struggling farmer that left his children more than just an estate. He left them the memory of what it is to be an American and a memory of why this nation is so great.

He also left my dad the shotgun he bought out of the Sears Catalog in the 1920's and I know my brother and I will be fighting tooth-and-nail for it one day
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    The fact that there will one day be a revolution allowing the American people to take their country back!
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kids walking down to the river with fishing poles.
    Moms cooking all day on holidays.
    Being able to walk into a grocery store and have anything that you could possibly want.
    Being able to speak your mind openly and publicly with less repercussions than anywhere else upon the planet. And you even have the right to be wrong!
    Having a military filled with young men ready to fight for me and my family without knowing our names - voluntarily!
    ALL of the rights that I cherish so highly, and the fact that I can make a difference, still, because of the boudless wisdom of our Fouders.
    Got a few weeks? I'll keep talking....D'oh, no I have to exercize my incredibly good fortune to work all weekend. And danged if I don't get paid for it! God Bless America!
  • Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    I like the simple things, I'm not very politically motivated nor politically correct! And I seem to get worse whith age.
    I enjoy a long ride to the mountains even if the nearest set are nearly 2000 miles away. Climbing to the rim of the horse shoe canyon and telling myself Im the first man to see this beutiful sight!

And the occasional chance to show off the fact that I am a terrible speller

Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whoo, where to start? Because of our principles / freedoms and our willingness to defend them? Because of the plethora of stories such as idsman's? So many things . . . .

Thank you for posting this thread. Sometimes I get so caught up in the things I don't like, I forget why they anger me so much. Which is that they stand in such contrast to the strengths, potentials and history of this nation.
  • Options
    RickstirRickstir Member Posts: 574
    edited November -1
    Where to start.
    Yes there is always "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". Thinking about how that plays around the world is pretty special.

Technology, we have more toys than anyone. The space shuttle, who else is doing something like that? And who was the only one to land men on the moon?

Our generousity. What other country gives as much as our citizens and government? Look at all the people around the world watching the newswires for information about fighting disease that comes from this country.

You have the ability to reach great heights in this country, and the freedom not to also.

An absolutely beautiful landscape. I've been to most states and each area has it's beauty. Some countries are like some of our states, nothing changes from border to border. But we have so much diversity.

Whoops, I think I just hit on it. We have so much!

Like in the NFL, defense is the key.
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many reasons, but one in particular.

I am proud of the U.S.A. because of the men and women who have fought and died so that I may enjoy the freedom to live my life however I choose. And to those who continue to serve this country even though the pay is lousy and the work is dangerous.

For this I am very grateful.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    budmottbudmott Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have pictures of my mother's parents
    standing in front of a shack with her
    3 bothers and sister. There are cotton
    fields in the background. I came from
    1900 sharecroppers and me and mine have
    done well. Where else but America?
    bud

If it weren't for lawyers, I wouldn't need a lawyer.
  • Options
    homer4homer4 Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Timberbeast said it good enough for me.

"...Abby someone""Abby who"..."Abby Normal"
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are so many things to be proud of I wouldnt know where to begin.
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why not? First question came to my mind was, why wouldn't you be proud of the USA? Other than the quibbling radicals do about our not being perfect (let the country that is cast the first stone), we're all lucky beyond belief that we were born here instead of someplace else, as far as I can see.

- Life NRA Member
    "If cowardly & dishonorable men shoot unarmed men with army guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary...and not by general deprivation of constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think a better question would be "Why are you not proud of the USA"

Happiness is a warm gun