In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Burris Optics

will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Suggested by another member of this board, i picked up my first Burris scope today. WOW!!!you gots to get one of these. I see no reason to own another Leupold and when I find another in the area this side focus "thing" is gone! This is unreal! I can't believe how awesome this thing is. Anyway......
There is no apology for self defense. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~

Comments

• Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So will270win you didn't say whether you like it or not.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do like it cause you can see almost all the way through it.
    There is no apology for self defense. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ALMOST?
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pert near! Cool huh?
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now yall see why that vari-x III went to the wayside when I got my burris? I thought I was alone on this one. Thanks will270win, for the unsolicited testimony.
  • Options
    jhj370jhj370 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which one did you buy? I'm thinking of getting the Fullfield II, as per the suggestion of Bear Basin, for my 30-06.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,097 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would suggest that you buy the Signature series, even if it means saving a little longer. You get what you pay for with optics and the best and even the very good cost more. For a less expensive scope the fullfield is pretty good, the Signature is much better.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I wish I had you guy`s money...I`d burn mine..2318
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,097 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey beekeeper, I do have some higher end scopes, but I have saved for over a year for some of them. Not rich, just focused. Most anybody can do it that way.
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many cases of Budweiser...or packs of cigerettes would be equal in cost to a good scope? Just a thought for those who "can't afford" one... :-)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I suggest one of ya'll buy my Leupold so I can get another Burris to test. I'd hate for ya'll to go buying something that I have not tested yet.
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will270win -You sir, are indeed a humanitarian!
  • Options
    smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Burris Signature scopes are so clear in low light that I catch myself trying to stay on the deer stand after dark. Also almost identical is the Pentax Lightseeker, I think they come from the same factory.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you like the Signature, surely you will love a Black Diamond! Ain't that a KISS Song?
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also almost identical is the Pentax Lightseeker, I think they come from the same factoryPentax optics used to be made in Japan. I presume they still are. Question: Are Burris scopes made in Japan?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nope. Colorado.
  • Options
    smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Pentax says "made in USA" and the service center is in Englewood, Colorado. Pentax is a worldwide corp. so they probably have scope factories in other countries. As far as affordability I have bought all my scopes new on internet auctions and it took a lot of patience but I got some really good deals.
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Justc.How can you say you were the only one?.I have posted many times this year that I have taken off five leupolds to switch to Burris.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can clearly see why you did that Varmint Hunter. (I made a funny)