In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for a decent range in...

simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
...the Birmingham, AL area. I live a little north, but work downtown, so anywhere within 50 miles or so would be great. Thanks in advance for any help and/or smart remarks (I enjoy those as well).

Comments

• Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEY simonbs Did alot of people get hurt in those wrecks around Birmingham last thursday? I got caught in a couple of bad backups down there.
    when all else fails........................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hadn't heard about injuries - only traffic complaints. Ya' get through here often?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    The Sheriff's department range is pretty good. It's in N. Birmingham on the same road as the water treatment plant. I can't remember the names of the roads to turn on but if you call the B'ham S.D. they will tell you when it's open and how to get there.It's only a hundred yards but good for a sight in. If you don't mind setting up your own range get on Mt. Olive road and head towards Corner. After you pass the tressle bridge there is a road that will take you under the bridge to the boat launch. All the land out there is wide open to shoot on and no one minds. There is also an indoor range in Homewood, but that costs money. That's all I know of, if you want more info call Jo Jo's Pawn and Gun, they are good folks that sell at good prices and know where all the ranges are. Tell them Chris from 29 Palms told you to call, It'll freak 'em out.
    Eat healthy, exercise, avoid smoking........Die anyway. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    No problem. If nothing else give Jo Jo's a call for the gun prices, they are very fair.
    Eat healthy, exercise, avoid smoking........Die anyway. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~