In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Went To The Bellamy Brothers Concert

218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
Does anybody else like `em?...They`re born and raised just north of me,beautiful cattle country up that way.Rolling green pasture land,big Live oaks wider than they are tall,and covered with spanish moss.I see dozens of turkeys every time I travel that road,which is about 20 miles long,and named Bellamy Brothers BLVD.Man I sure love them backroads!! .218

Comments

• Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    I like 'em to! Country music with a Carribean twist, ya can't beat that.Hey, BeeKeep, what should I sell this Ruger for? It's a 454 casull and I have everything it came with AND the RCBS 3 die set. I really think I am going to get that BEE.BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
    If you run, you'll just die tired! will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    ICE NINEICE NINE Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dig the Bellamy Brothers, but haven't had a lot of exposure to 'em . . . . Now, we were supposed to start a conversation 'bout Neil Young and Bob Dylan a few weeks ago. Forget what thread it started in, but I quoted Dylan as singin "the times, they are a-changin'" and you said it was Neil... Neil is great, but he didn't write that one -- Dylan, '63, released on album bearing the same name.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ICE NINE,it wasn`t the times they are a changin`,I would never make that mistake!!It was a song called ~Piece Of Crap~,Off a CD called ~Sleeps with Angels~.I typed in some of the lyrics,you asked me the name af the song.It was on a thread started by pelican,and we went way off the subject.It was a thread that had about 9 to 11 posts,with mine being the last,sayin` somethin like ~ICE,Fraid Not~I have the CD here now,and it says the usual"All songs written by blah,blah,blah".218[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 10-27-2001).][This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 10-27-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I guess we're both mixed up. It was on a thread started by you, "Married Young" http://forums.gunbroker.com/images/Forum3/HTML/008760.html I spoke of my grandfather being able to identify any piece of crap that was created, but the only song I quoted was one by Bob Dylan, and never asked about the lyrics to another.Oh well...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah NINE,in that thread I was reffering to the other thread,I thought you were too,at the time.....If we were confused then,and now,we had better stop now,cause man..We fin-da * all mixd up!!Point Two Eighteen
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, well, we're all confused. But at least we like good music. I've got some killer live Neil Young bootlegs if you're interested. Some Dylan, too. Drop me a line if you want some copies. icenine@somanyroads.org[This message has been edited by ICE NINE (edited 10-28-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ya mean CDs or videos???.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, they're on that antique form of recording - cassette tape. Someday I hope to move them to CD. Neil -- '70 in OH, '71 in LA, '71 in England, Osaka Japan in '76, New Orleans in '84 ("Cajun Horse"), the Austin City Limits show, and a few more....some Buffalo Springfield from 196?....heck, even got Black Sabbath from 1970 in Paris....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WOW,that sounds like some good stuff!!Is it pretty clear?Live springfield,would probably be far out,man!!.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I remember listening to all that GOOD stuff. I never took a likng to the new music, the not as new always seemed better. I guess when you play a guitar all that good stuff ya'll are talking about was easier to appreciate cause you know what the musicians put into it.
    If you run, you'll just die tired! will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Send me a mailing address and I'll turn you on to it . . . icenine@somanyroads.org
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don`t play.NINE ,do you?.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got any Zep?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I`ll send you the address alright!!! THANKS!!!.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bee, offhand, I don't know what you mean.nope, don't have any Zep.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    will,that must be a super redhawk in 454 Casull,To bad I dont have the cash,I`d buy it.I really think you will that #1 in .218Bee!!.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nine,will was talkin about playing guitar,I said I don`t,......Nine,do you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't yet know how much to sell it for anyway, bee. Transfering may be a pain in the butt too. Now what? I guess I will put it on GB when someone on the Ask the Experts tells me what to sell it for. Pray for me that this works and I don't end up in jail!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hot Dawg!!!!! I just found my Bellamy Brother box set! 20 yrs of hits. I ain't seen this since 1995 when I moved back from Okinawa. Thanks BeeKeep, you reminded me I needed to find these things.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will270,I`d go in the bedroom and get my blue book,..but i don`t want to wake up,and P.O. the ol` lady.Of course I wear the pants over here at TWO EIGHTEEN BEEKEEPER PLACE,but ya got to let them have their sleep,so they can get up and do their chores.You know how it is..218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nope, I don't play. Just appreciate those that can. I'm probably one of the few deadheads that cannot play guitar. Will, you can always ship the gun you sell through an FFL if you don't want the hassle of doing it yourself. That is how I do it, because I don't want the hassle. It costs a little more (for me, it's $15). You can either eat the cost or build it in to your selling price. [This message has been edited by ICE NINE (edited 10-28-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good thinkin. Wakin' up the ol' lady is, on a scale of 1 to bad.....very bad!