In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Valentine's day....or "Do I have a neat wife or what?"

bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Good morning! Gotta pass this on. My wife has no "hang-ups" about guns, or about letting me take our 8 year old son out to hunt and shoot. She is really cool with it, figures that it gives he and I lots of quality time together (or maybe it just gets us out of her hair for a while!). She has also taken a couple of gun safety classes, and can shoot lights out with nearly any of my 22 rifles. Anyway, we were leaving to go to IL a few weeks back to pheasant hunt and she mentioned that she thought she would like to try that. SO.....that got the wheels turning. She is a small lady, and the only shotguns I have (outside my savage 24) are 12 and 16 gauges, and WAY to much gun for her. I kept checking and finally found an 870 youth model in 20g. on GB. Bought it for her, and gave it to her yesterday for Valentines. Also bought a Trius Birdshooter Target Trap and a case of shells for her. You would have thought I bought her the Hope diamond or something! She was tickled pink and very surprised! Guess I done good! So now, this Saturday we will be in the backyard getting her used to the gun and blowing up those little clay birdies. BTW...anyone know any good recipes for clay pigeon? Hate to let all them suckers go to waste. LOL! But seriously, I am so thankful to have her for a wife! Been 11 years now, and still going strong.

Comments

• badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are one lucky guy. Don't let her get away.
    PC=BS
  • hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Does your wife have a sister? As for the recipe. I heard 2qts of water a pinch of salt...boil on high for 5 hours..........
    The older I get, The better I was!!!
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Cook 'em just like everyone cooks those antlers from the deer and elk. Makes one heck of a broth! (I just can't make sense of not putting good meat in the freezer over some big antlers)Will the smartybritches (hi Mudge)
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~