In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The PSS

will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Not bad accuracy for a factory gun. What can be done to accurize this puppy? Bedding? Crowning? New barrel maybe? Suggestions please.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~

Comments

• will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    C'mon guys! Lend a hand here.
  • One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    Put a few bucks into the trigger. I am going to install a single set trigger from Brownells in mine. Another area to look at is the barrel channel. the barrel should be free floating. You can have the barrel removed from the action and then have the receiver trued and the same with the barrel. The factory barrel on this rifle is of good quality and should work fine for you. Mine shoots 3/4 to one inch five shot groups at one hundred yards. Another area you may want to explore is reloading. Take care.
    "This we will defend"
  • 5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay, here's a hand...now give me the rifle.
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
    edited November -1
    5db, I got 3 of 'em! Guess I need to get off my butt and get 2 more accu-shots. I 'm thinking about having a little bit of bedding and truing work done, might even get a 1 in 7 barrel for the .223.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~[This message has been edited by will270win (edited 02-13-2002).]
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They don't need bedding.They usually need a trigger adjustment but not a trigger.They are easy to work on.They do on occasion need to be set back and tight chambered as Remington does send some of them with sloppy chambers.Plan on 0.80 MOA with a good trigger and chamber.Some do better.cpermd
  • 5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, just one more Accu-Shot if you give me the one that "needs" work....(I have two, the .300 Winch and a .308 LTR both DM models. So the .308 PSS or .223 either LTR or PSS will suit me fine. )
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    will, Just one question, what the hell is a PSS?
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
    edited November -1
    It's the heavy police model of the Remngton 700, I say it's a varmint grade rifle my damn self. I all of a sudden have 4 instead of 3. I really need to tighten them up. I tightened them some when I started reloading.Here's what I got:223(this one is actually an LTR)308(crown got jacked up so I know that's what this one needs)300WM(Can shoot a bowling pin repeatedly at 600 yds with slight over hold on target, needs nothing)340Weatherby Magnum(custom built have not shot yet, too heavy going to sell when cosmetics are done, needs nothing)
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~