In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What do yall think about smart guns?

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
I was watching a TV program about smart guns that could gide there bullets to there target, and the bullet can tell if its target is a good or bad guy, and there guns had computers on them, and joysticks and all this other computer crap. Even the bullet has a small computer in it. I think all stuff about putting computers is stupid. I think rely on computers in combat is very dumb, an EMP blast would destroy all the computers. And the Specail Forces would be replaced with unexperainced computer nerds. What do yall think?Dont fix something if its not broken.

Comments

• Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A single microwave signal at a specific frequency tunned to your brain can justprogram,kill,erase all that you are .... Then why? a bullet? good ? bad ? who cares?as long I am the one with the GUN.
    I judge Thee!, Not for what you are , but for what you say !
  • Options
    Ross C. McDonellRoss C. McDonell Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The smart one should be behind the gun.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    My guns are all fr!&&in idiots!!.218
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wait one sec. we can't have a shoot out yet my batteries are dead!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I'ld rather see dumb criminals facing dumb guns in the hands of smart, well trained operators!
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I opened this post I was thinkin you meant I could buy a gun that would make fun of my shooting for those times I may be out all by myself! Oh well, gess I'll just have to make do with "friends" -Ralph
    Nothing very, very good or very, very bad lasts for very, very long.
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stupid! Hard enuff to keep the dern things working, what with dirt, grime, and leftist politicians, and you wanna make them even more complicated? Stupid! Put a good man with a lever action and single action Colt against the gee-wiz boys and their computer-controlled "assault artillery" any day.
  • Options
    edharoldedharold Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah! Don't change anything, I think we should stick with our 19th century technology.
    "They that would give up liberty to obtain safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"Benj. Franklin, 1759