In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Blatant Israeli Racism--Again

HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
edited January 2004 in General Discussion
New Law for Israeli-Palestinian Couples

Thursday July 31, 2003 4:39 PM

By GAVIN RABINOWITZ

Associated Press Writer

JERUSALEM (AP) - Israel's parliament on Thursday passed a new law that would force Palestinians who marry Israelis to live separate lives or move out of Israel despite charges from human rights groups and Israeli Arabs that the law is racist.

The law would prevent Palestinians from the West Bank and Gaza Strip who marry Israeli Arabs from obtaining residency permits in Israel.

The vote was 53 in favor, 25 against and one abstention, a spokeswoman for the parliament said.

``We see this law as the implementation of the transfer policy by the state of Israel,'' said Jafar Savah from Mossawa, an advocacy center for Israeli Arabs, referring to a plan by far right groups to transfer Israeli Arabs to other Arab countries.

Savah said the law was an attempt to legalize unofficial policy that has been in effect since September 2000 when violence broke out and warned that the law would damage relations between Israel and its Arab minority.

Both local and international human rights groups have condemned the law as racist.

``This is a racist law that decides who can live here according to racist criteria,'' said Yael Stein from the Israeli rights group B'tselem.

Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have sent letters to the parliament protesting the law and urging lawmakers not to pass it, a statement from Human Rights Watch said.

Israel's government contends that such a law is necessary for security reasons, citing instances where Palestinians from the West Bank and Gaza have exploited their residency permits, granting them freedom of movement in Israel, to carry out terror attacks.

``This law comes to address a security issue,'' Cabinet Minister Gideon Ezra told Israel Radio. ``Since September 2000 we have seen a significant connection, in terror attacks, between Arabs from the West Bank and Gaza and Israeli Arabs,'' Ezra said.

Israel and the Palestinians have been locked in a bloody conflict for 33 months, though a cease-fire declared by the Palestinians on June 29 has significantly reduced violence.

The law, which passed its first reading on June 18, would force newly married couples to choose between living in the Palestinian areas or living separately and would be in effect for a year when the parliament must renew it.

It is not uncommon for members of Israel's 1 million strong Arab community to marry residents of the Palestinian areas, and this was one of the only ways a Palestinian could be eligible for an Israeli residency permit.

Ezra told the radio that since 1993 over 100,000 Palestinians have obtained Israeli permits in this manner. ``It has grown out of control,'' he said.

Stein from B'tselem said there have been only 20 cases from these 100,000 people who have been involved in terror.

``I am not taking these attacks lightly but this is an extreme solution to a marginal phenomenon,'' Stein said.

Ezra turned aside charges that the law was racist, saying ``I agree that anyone who kills Jews just because they are Jewish is a racist.''

Rights groups accused Israel of trying to rush the bill through parliament before it goes into recess on August 3.

It's not what you know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know that just ain't so!
Resident Pyrrhonist

Comments

• Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Wow, what's next? Armbands with crescent moons on them for Arabs?

Israel's mentality is hypocritical to say the least. If people were forcing Jews to do what they are forcing Palestinians to do, the cries of anti-Semitism would be deafening. But if they do it, it's okay. After all, the Holocaust was carte blanche for them to treat others as they please, right?

But hey, fair is fair. There are no victims but Jewish victims. WMDs are bad (unless they're in Israeli hands). And it's only genocide if the people being killed are Jewish.

Mind you, I'm not bashing all Jews or all Israelis. But I find it loathsome in the extreme that a handful of zealots have managed to turn Israeli foreign and domestic policy into the handbook for the Fourth Reich.
  • Options
    Myra-LouMyra-Lou Member Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .......AND??????????????

....If you have to shoot...SHOOT!...don't talk!
  • Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    ("The vote was 53 in favor, 25 against and one abstention,")

Same when we have a vote here on something controversial, but the majority is how it works isn't it?
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's not racism when you throw people who want to destroy you out of your country, it is good sense. We need more of that here.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With their history in Israel they can't afford to give the benefit of doubt and be wrong. Not giving the benefit of doubt when you can afford to is a different issue and the term Racist might apply.
    While Jews are quick to use the smear terms; Bigot, Racist and Anti Semite as a reaction to criticism, they are as intolerant of outsiders
    as anyone.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Problem is that's how it became their country. Throwing out the people who already lived there. Any other place we would call that
    "ethnic cleansing".
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know I'll get stoned for his comment. So throw away.
    There's one country that knows how to protect it's borders. That's why they will be around a long time after we're forgotten about.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • Options
    Cobray 9mmCobray 9mm Member Posts: 18
    edited November -1
    Interesting how Israel is allowed to preserve racial stock, while their benefactors in the USA advocate miscegnation and the degenerative hip-hop "culture". People are free to do what they wish, unless they're White, of course.

And I totally agree with the sentiments about having stronger borders. If you've ever been to Southern Cal. you'll agree with me...
  • Options
    old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is nice HAIRY has a playmate. No wait I don't think HAIRY is a fan of Adolf. [V]

psalms 16
  • Options
    Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    "Both local and international human rights groups have condemned the law as racist"

I am sick and tired of these groups who critise and never, ever look at anything but threw their filter of ingrained socal activism.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am sick and tired of those who refuse to research what will affect them in the future. Why do you find Israel's policies acceptable, but mine abhorrent? I hope you know there are more racially aware Whites than you'd like to know...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I for one am not a racist I dont hate nazi lovers as a group I hate them as individuls. [V]

psalms 16
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Cobray: could it be because the people who you oppose are not using teenagers to splatter our babies against the cafe wall??? And your last statement, I am quite aware that I am white. I didn't know that made me special, so thanks for pointing it out. I now have this overwhelming urge to go right out and join the nearest chapter of the * nation or something. Thank you for opening my eyes. There's just way to much logic in your argument to deny it any longer. I love you white brother.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do not support Arab terrorists or condone their actions. 9/11/01 is not something we should forget. However, you should look into what caused these terrorists to act: US support of Israel. Don't tell me they "hate our freedom". Do you really want people in our government that have more loyslty to Israel and a globalized world than to the USA?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well we just all should join too. Now who do I make this check out to there cobray. And yes enter my name in the drawing for that autographed copy of Mein Kamph by that wild and crazy Reich Chancellor.

psalms 16
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Loyalty to Israel, YES
    Loyalty to UN, NO
    But since the UN hates Jews too, I figure you like the UN. Now you're going to have to staighten me out on something before I can be a right thinking * my white brother, just what about jews is not white? They look white to me. ?????
  • Options
    bmbuzlrbmbuzlr Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matters to me not. The less Jews and Arabs on this planet the better. Both of them are nothing but trouble for the rest of the planet.

"What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith,1787.

"They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

If God didn't want us to eat animals, then he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
    largemarge.jpg
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As compared to whom? Those liberal minded arab countries that surround them? How do you think that Israelis living in saudi arabia, egypt or palestinian areas are doing? WHAT YOU SAY. There are no Israeli jews living in arab countries? Is that because they would be killed as soon as the local population found out? And only 20 out of 100,000? The average number of murders committed in the US is far lower than that. Arabs living in Israel are discriminated against. Israelis living in arab countries would be killed. Whos the racists?
  • Options
    bmbuzlrbmbuzlr Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every time the Palestinians bomb the Jews, the Jews retaliate in kind. Hopefully this process will continue until both have killed each other off. When this planet is rid of Jews and Arabs, it will be a better world for the rest of us.

"What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith,1787.

"They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

If God didn't want us to eat animals, then he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
    largemarge.jpg
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    quote:originally posted by 96harley:
    There's one country that knows how to protect it's borders. That's why they will be around a long time after we're forgotten about.
    X-RING!!

quote:Originally posted by bmbuzlr:
    When this planet is rid of Jews and Arabs, it will be a better world for the rest of us.
    An equal opportunity racist.

quote:originally posted by jsergovic:
    I can't reply until DWS weighs in..
    I too am simply giddy in anticipation of the great event.[|)][|)]

The Bush administration sends tens of thousands of American military to protect the sovereignty of nations around the world, while trading our own sovereignty for hispanic votes!
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    How can it be racism? They're brothers, from the same womb! Why do you think it's so easy for the Israelis to infiltrate various Arab groups with spies? They look identical.
  • Options
    LightningLightning Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 96harley
    I know I'll get stoned for his comment. So throw away.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."

No stones here. I agree.

FUNCTION BEFORE STYLE
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    It's a proven psychological and societal fact that a large percentage of people who were abused as children grow up to abuse their own children. The Israelis are a classic example of this syndrome. They are fast becoming the very thing they hated most in this world. NAZIS.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nazis? I prefer the term pragmatists.
    Let them smite the enemy with the edge of the sword.
    The wolf will never lie down with the sheep.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Everyone knows that the Israelites are the chosen people. Though I haven't yet figured out "chosen for what". Seems to me they are chosen as an example of what NOT to be. After all it seems every time God has given them a golden opportunity they have screwed it up and been punished. Quite frankly I'm tired of this conflict and think someone should dump a nuke on the whole problem. Then there wouldn't be any land to worry about for several thousand years.
  • Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as I'm concerned, due to the way Israel was acquired by the jews after WWII by throwing the Palistinians off of the land, it is still "disputed." That means it's up for grabs and the arabs have just as much right to try to take it back as the jews have to try to keep it. There are no 2nd place winners in that fight.

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"