In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mini 14 receiver

chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
edited September 2002 in General Discussion
I was just given a Mini-14 parts kit that has everything but the receiver. The barrel is included but I don't want to use it. Does anyone know any companies that sell mini-14 receivers? I looked aroudn and found a lot of 10/22 ones, but no mini-14's. A barreled receiver would be ideal, but if not, just the receiver would be fine.

Thanks a lot.

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"

Comments

• Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are no OEM companies making Mini-14 receivers. You'll have to go to the original source, but I would be surprised if Ruger would oblige you.

Often the mind believes it is thinking, when it is only passing from one metaphor to the next.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm assuming you are asking for the whole part which includes the serial number. That classifies it as a gun as far as the ATF goes. You're going to have to buy a new or used Mini-14 to get the reciever.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The Sheepman is right, not a chance that Ruger is going to sell anyone a Mini 14 receiver. They have no idea what you have in mind for it. You say you have a parts kit but do not want to use the barrel. Was this from A GB model rifle- the "military model" with a bayonet lug and flash suppressor? This is only ONE reason why stripped receiver sales are out of the question. Frankly, If you could locate a stripped reciever, THEN purchase a barrel, and THEN have a gunsmith install it, how much has this exercise cost you? I'm sure you'd be saving no money over simply buying a complete Mini 14.

Sheepman, What is happening with that HK-93 scope?Has the man shipped it to you yet?

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your best bet is a gun show, but I have no idea what the odds are of finding the receiver only.

- Life NRA Member
    "If cowardly & dishonorable men shoot unarmed men with army guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary...and not by general deprivation of constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mark:

After sending an email telling him I'd take it, he wrote back that he had "just sold it" (it had been on Buddy's board for weeks). Just my luck--turns out it would have been an excellent deal, and I have not been able to find another anywhere near the price ($550, including claw mount, illumiator, case and end caps).

Often the mind believes it is thinking, when it is only passing from one metaphor to the next.
  • Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advise. Guess i'll just go to some gun shows and try to find a cheap one. I don't want to use the barrel because it's too short. The parts were given to me by a police officer friend of mine. The gun was confiscated/ destroyed becaause somebody had cut down the barrel below 16" so I would have to replace it. Oh well, I'm not in any rush to find one. Thanks again.

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"