In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Energy Drinks....hitting the road at 0130 hours

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited March 2005 in General Discussion
Okay...for all those that drink energy drinks......

I'm sure it's not very good for keeping the trigger finger steady but I've tried all the energy drinks out there. I have to hit the road at 0130 hours with an applicant so I'm not going to even BOTHER going to bed tonight. I have a 3 1/2-hour drive ahead of me and I'm packing FULL THROTTLE energy drink. It's tops on my list. You can keep your Red Bull and your NO FEAR and all that other nasty stuff. It's a FULL THROTTLE night for me.

How about y'all?

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    throw in a dip its the same thing
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got SKOAL going on right now as we speak. The wad will get bigger as the night progresses. I drop him off at 0530 and sleep in the car until 0900 when my presence is required. Then I get to drive him to the BN headquarters.
  • Options
    dano1dano1 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah none of those drinks do anything for me either - its ALWAYS nicotine that does it!!!
  • Options
    Fep1990Fep1990 Member Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    back 10 years ago, i had to take a trip from Oly,WA to LA to pick up my fiancee/wife, i downed 2 cases of Mtn Dew and about 1/2 bottle no-doz on the trip....i will NEVER do it again. did not sleep for 2 days.

We sold Killer-BEEZ at our store...i am told that each caplet has the equaliviant of 10 cups of coffee...my night crew lived on them

vipersig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fep1990
    back 10 years ago, i had to take a trip from Oly,WA to LA to pick up my fiancee/wife, i downed 2 cases of Mtn Dew and about 1/2 bottle no-doz on the trip....i will NEVER do it again. did not sleep for 2 days.

We sold Killer-BEEZ at our store...i am told that each caplet has the equaliviant of 10 cups of coffee...my night crew lived on them

The pills went to hell when they banned ephedra. I drove from Olympia, WA to Missouri and thought my trip was miserable. LA? Geez!
  • Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fep1990

vipersig.jpg

I used to not sleep much when I worked 1 1/2 hours from my house, I used to take those things, thank god I finally quit all that, I don't even do caffeine now.

"Girls often say it's not the size of the boat, and it's the motion of the ocean, well I'll tell you this it takes a hell of a long time to get to England on a row boat"
    "Marrying for sex is like taking a plane ride for peanuts"
    -Jeff Foxworthy
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My trip from Monterey, CA to Purdy, WA that's comming up again I'll have a 2Lt. of good ol' Mountain Dew, bag of Funn-yons and sunflower seeds (yes the big bag). It'a 13 or 15 hour drive, depending on if I stop for a snack at a truck stop. There's something about truck stop fare (haven't found a waitress named Flo, yet) or the greasy spoon's for flavor.
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Three and a half hours is nothing. Just keep the windows down and the radio blasting.
    I did a 25 hour round trip most of which was in a severe thunderstorm on nothing but peanut better crackers, coffee and fruit. Took a week to get my sleep schedule back to normal. Anymore I use those books on tape or cd for long drives. A good suspense novel or two and you are there.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    5x55x5 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have tried them all the only thing that you can do legally is get the proper rest before you start your trip. As all know there are pharmaceuticals out both over the counter, perscription,and the illegal stuff that will keep you alert. All come with consequences even the caffine in your coffee, I don't knock those who choose to do snuff. I did the stuff myself for years but a doctor once showed me some pictures of someone with mouth cancer and told me where they had to take skin to replace your lips. Ever kissed a a**hole that should tell you where the skin would come from.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    if you really start have trouble staying away , just dip your finger in that Skoal, and put a grain or 2 in the corner of your eye , that'll keep you awake guarantee