In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

96 Pete with n14 with 500 HP........sweet.

cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
been running a 96 379 pete with n14 cummins.ten spd and on cruise it makes 500 hp pulling a 48' spread axle grain trailer can run at 86,000 lbs with this set up and on this run is a lot of hills that drops the other trucks a gear or three but not that cummins just leave it in the top hole[:D]
dont know why but them cummins aways sound like they are about to puke a rod out the side but they sure pull good.
they guy i drive for also buys and sells trucks been working on a 90 pete with 425 cat and 15spd od tranny and this thing with move now[:D]
looking pretty hard at a 97 379 pete with 475/490 hp cat with ten spd that he has for myself[:D] to haul grain and cattle in the winter.

Highmore.gif

Comments

• gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    my ride is a 96 pete 379 Cat 3406E @ 475 with a 18 sp, she was a otr truck but we took the sleeper off and added 6 feet of frame to her and put a 22' flat bed on it , with air ride sup. cab and seat you hardy feel any bumps[:D] nice
  • cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what do you haul with the flat bed gskyhawk?
    thinking about lenghtening the frame on my 85 volvo to put a 22' grain box on it and just run it as a straight truck, but would have to make it a triple to be able to haul enough grain with it to be worth while and be some what legal

Highmore.gif
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aint no feelin like Petermobilin! That is untill they go POOF! Mine had the C-15 500HP with the Super 10. Didn't pull hills as well as it shoulda but on flat ground look out! 75MPH @ 1400RPM and it would turn 2100RPM, can we say Truck 'em up[:D]

Does your Cummins carry more than 30PSI oil pressure? Every Cummins I ever drove had me scared it was going to turn a bearing because of the oil pressure.

I'm looking for a truck right now to run in and out of NYC to central PA every day. Load pays $700 per round, Xs 5 loads that can be a nice chunk of change for 600 miles a day, 300 loaded, 300 empty. Would like a cheap Frtlnr that I can pay off in 6 months and then just run the pee out of it untill it falls apart, then get another.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7mm had a guy here that was putting in a double deck in his bull rack to haul sheep while his 3 yr old son was in sleeper in a pete when it caught fire they damned near didnt get the kid out soon enough in fact i heard that he ended up in the hospital for quite a while
    the cummins holds about 40 psi they are all that way even in ag tractors with them in. guess they believe in volume in stead of psi..
    like i said they all sound like they are about to puke a rod but they just seem to run and run [:D]

Highmore.gif

ps one load i got after closing time and the guys at the elevator where a little grumpy and shut the door before i knew how much grain i had on and that cummins pulled like a charm ahhhhum can we say 94,000 lbs gross [}:)][:)] my rear end was pinched shut all the way home hoping that there was no portable scales running loose[:D]
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    hey doc i haul lumber and pallets , can't get enough pallets on to worry about weight but when it comes to lumber getting up around 50,000 or so is no problem